Romanian bikes, beech, fungi and others.

Graham

Top pics there Graham and I bet it was geat fun.

I'm off to have a go at Romaniacs next year, was the trip with Adventureromania?.

I was thinking of going early next year to get a feel for the place before competing in the summer.

Yes with Steve from Ad...romania. Romaniacs is full on and respect if you do it. I'd love to have a go but can't afford to write off my bike throwing it up the rocks.

Romania is absolutely brilliant with a mediaevel feel and look to some of the villages. I think Paul Bolton's doing an enduro masterclass early next year with Adventureromania which would be a good taster for Romaniacs.

A few mates did Romaniacs in the hobby team class in 2008 and loved it even though none finished and one returned with a smashed up knee.

Paul did his training with Ad..romania this year to raise some money towards his racing, along with a few training days in Cown quarry which I went along to.

I was really enjoying my riding this year (early on), I did the tough one, was training for my first Erzberg and looking to go to Romaniacs then broke my wrist in 3 places trying a little too hard, so it was back to the drawing board for me.

I'm back on the bike now and enjoying it although not fully fit, I think I'll try and ride within my limits next year, can't afford another bad injury.

A few mates did Romaniacs in the hobby team class in 2008 and loved it even though none finished and one returned with a smashed up knee.

Paul did his training with Ad..romania this year to raise some money towards his racing, along with a few training days in Cown quarry which I went along to.

I was really enjoying my riding this year (early on), I did the tough one, was training for my first Erzberg and looking to go to Romaniacs then broke my wrist in 3 places trying a little too hard, so it was back to the drawing board for me.

I'm back on the bike now and enjoying it although not fully fit, I think I'll try and ride within my limits next year, can't afford another bad injury.

Riding in limits seems to be my problem. Two elbows with bits of bone floating about now. What bike are you on? I've dropped down to WR250 from 450 and am faster than I ever was on the 450.

I switched from a gasgas 250 to ktm250 2 stroke last year, and had an electric start fitted which is the best thing ever.

I prefer riding the gasgas but the depreciation was eye watering and the ktm is easy and cheap to fix and can be sold on easily.

I've had a 450 ktm and wr250 but I prefer a 2 stoke and the KTM ticks most of the boxes.