Looking for Mesh

liamjordan

Anyone know the best place to buy or get hold of some steel mesh, see as i have now started my agricultural engineering course, i will be learning to weld :thumbup:

Very very very soon, i want to start to forestry guard my Leyland 270, i want to get hold of some mesh and knock up some removeable window guards for a start.

So where could i get some of the mesh from?

Also what would be the best sort and size? inch by inch squares in the mesh, bigger? smaller?

Thanks in advance

I've found steel bar about half inch round is better than wire mesh. Our Massy 4345 has a mesh guard about an inch square on it and its useless. If you get near it with the crane you know the log is comming through the window.

As for supplyers i think the tractor shop sold the stuff. Good luck i'd love to know how to weald.