fire safety in the home

Stephen Blair

spooky have just bought powder 6kg extinguisher, £75,

although fire regs say x amount of litres in storage blah blah. how much petrol is left in tools overnight, its not so much to defend the house against fire but may be just enough to get out alive, have 1kg in 3 out of 5 rooms downstairs,

mates brothers a fireman its to scary how quick it spreads, paranoid? yes! sleep a little better at nite YEs!

haha how ironic would that be to deep a sleep to wake up. ooh not nice thought,

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would need direct flame to set that thing on fire steve. You need ocer 430 degrees before paper will ignite, let alone leather. Even a spark will have a hard job to light it up. Wiithout meaning to belittle any inherent dangers, the nannny state we live in has hyped up the danger way out of proportion. We have furniture inches away fom the fire in the winter and it often gets too hot to touch. No fire yet. Its as much a matter ofcomon sense as anything else. In fast i stack wood around the burner which regularly smoulders. When i smell it i move it.

According to Ray Bradbury paper will ignite at 451 degrees F.:thumbup1:

You would need direct flame to set that thing on fire steve. You need ocer 430 degrees before paper will ignite, let alone leather. Even a spark will have a hard job to light it up. Wiithout meaning to belittle any inherent dangers, the nannny state we live in has hyped up the danger way out of proportion. We have furniture inches away fom the fire in the winter and it often gets too hot to touch. No fire yet. Its as much a matter ofcomon sense as anything else. In fast i stack wood around the burner which regularly smoulders. When i smell it i move it.

:001_huh::confused1: Seems only a matter of time from that post. Be careful!!

spooky have just bought powder 6kg extinguisher, £75,

although fire regs say x amount of litres in storage blah blah. how much petrol is left in tools overnight, its not so much to defend the house against fire but may be just enough to get out alive, have 1kg in 3 out of 5 rooms downstairs,

mates brothers a fireman its to scary how quick it spreads, paranoid? yes! sleep a little better at nite YEs!

haha how ironic would that be to deep a sleep to wake up. ooh not nice thought,

I once saw a powder extinguisher used on a fire in the kitchen of a rig. Powder covered everything and came through gaps in doors, inside closed cupboards, you would not believe it.