Shaggy bracket?

RobArb

It has to be said that I do manage roadside trees with hispidus, but these are within a relatively tight inspection regime.

Rob hasn't given us any history, whole tree picture or future management potential.

So I would in all honesty save any specific advise until the bigger picture.

Hamas option is a potential

:001_smile:

History of trees (from what i can gather) is that they've only ever been pruned twice before and its normally only the lower stuff that grows near the fence... They are a in a row of ash of about 7 that align a fence in a research and developement plant in the wirral. The fence is 6-7 foot high and about 3-4ft away from the base of the tree. On the other side of the fence is a pavement then a busy main road. This tree has a slight lean toward the roadside with most of the growth being pretty spread even rather than biased to one side.

The other tree (the one with the crack and the fallen bracket in the pics) doesn't look in too good a condition and this is leaing towards a creche, the creche would probably be safe if branches failed as its within a reasonable distance but not if the tree were to go as its definately going in that direction.

We have an ongoing contract with this place and tend to the site on a regular basis over a 3 yearly rota, i haven't told the boss yet as have not seen him today, but trying to tell him bout things like this, well, thats another story...

Will try to get better explaing pics tomorro if we are there again, ps the trees are about 40ft maybe a touch more...

Rob, i guess there's your clients options. Fell them and be safe, or remove the crowns and be safeish. removing the crowns of mature trees, as opposed to the pollarding of younger trees as a regular maintenance regime, may make them safe for now, but your client will have to be happy for more regular inspections, regular re-cutting, (arguably) reduced aesthetic value, and a higher potential for shedding of re-grown branch tissue (targets?). I guess the location and clients attitude will govern your next move. Me... if given those targets and a site not ideal for decaying habitat poles, i'd have it away. :thumbdown: