Morals

Stephen Blair

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely!

Perfect & without fault??? NO! Am I heck, that's why I need and love God like I do.

I know murder is wrong of course I do, but this is my Wife we're talking about. That doesn't make it right either. But I know that I know that I know that this is the one moral I would throw right out the window for the life of my other half.

William Wallace of Braveheart movie is a good example. You kill my Wife? Then it's coming to you. One way or the other, it's coming.

Seriously though would you?

It sounds exactly like the mindset of an islamic extremist suicide bomber to me.:scared1:

Although it backs up my argument on justification brilliantly.:thumbup::001_tongue:

I know murder is wrong of course I do, but this is my Wife we're talking about. That doesn't make it right either. But I know that I know that I know that this is the one moral I would throw right out the window for the life of my other half.

William Wallace of Braveheart movie is a good example. You kill my Wife? Then it's coming to you. One way or the other, it's coming.

But those 1000 people are peoples wives, mother, fathers, sons, daughters, etc,etc.

Wallace is talking about retaliation toward the perpetrator, not the mass slaughter of the innocent.

Aquittal immediately.

It would be unfair to do anything else.

Can anyone point out a recent case where anyone got done for infringements of TPO's? Let alone fined £20000? It's probably one of the least enforced aspects of law there is, and I don't care about the odd isolated case TBH.

Cracking story, though Stevie.

Can you do it with pictures next time so I can explain it to my wife?

There was a very recent case involving a TPO tree local to me and Steve, nd we both know the tree surgeon, IIRC the fines came to around 25k. In this case everyone was aware the tree was TPO'd, and it was ignored.

But those 1000 people are peoples wives, mother, fathers, sons, daughters, etc,etc.

Agreed but they are not my family - MY Wife is!

Wallace is talking about retaliation toward the perpetrator, not the mass slaughter of the innocent.

True, but again, it's my Wife! Am I abnormal in suggesting that my Wife is the nearest dearest and closest thing on earth to me? Marriage vows kinda hint at putting her above all else...

True, but again, it's my Wife! Am I abnormal in suggesting that my Wife is the nearest dearest and closest thing on earth to me? Marriage vows kinda hint at putting her above all else...

If my wife were capable of slaughtering 1000 innocent people, she would not be the person I married.

And my wife did not, nor would she, have married or wish to have married a man capable of such an act.

I see you point but would your wife want another 1000 people killed for her. Its a bit like how the Americans can justify killing 100,000s of Innocent people in foreign country's to save a few of their own from terrorists.

Lets just hope we never get put in thar situation.

Alright alright alright, 100 billion then.

No, I doubt my Wife would want me to kill numerous innocent people for her but we're not talking about what she thinks. I am saying that I personally could not live with the thought or fact that I hadn't done good, bad or ugly in order to save her.

Alright alright alright, 100 billion then.

No, I doubt my Wife would want me to kill numerous innocent people for her but we're not talking about what she thinks. I am saying that I personally could not live with the thought or fact that I hadn't done good, bad or ugly in order to save her.

The person threatening to kill your wife is the evil twisted freak, not you. Refusing to not carry out their demand is the only right course of action.

If you could not face life without her would it not be better to take your own life rather than the lives of innocent people??

The person threatening to kill your wife is the evil twisted freak, not you. Refusing to not carry out their demand is the only right course of action.

If you could not face life without her would it not be better to take your own life rather than the lives of innocent people??

Yes to both, hopefully I could persuade them to kill me instead of her. Trouble is I'd never know! Hateful situation doesn't bear thinking about. Your tenderising hammer is working. But I would do the Braveheart thing...