Bandit 65XL True performance Video

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to have to email bandit direct and complain about 65s and their performance and most of all the suppliers lack of customer service.

The job we did today with the Beech was an absolute nightmare chipper wise, we are going to wear out the spool valve we had to forward and reverse it every few seconds, you literally cannot walk away from the chipper without it jamming.

It just seems to shatter beech, sycamore and horsechestnut.

Last night I change the blades for new, put in a new anvil and set the gap on the anvil. All I can think is that it shatters wood because the blade actually cuts sideways rather than down on the wood and if it is a small peice of wood the blade is angles upwards as it contacts the wood to cut it so forcing it to the roof of the opening and shattering it.

I,m getting really peed off with it now. :angryfire:

yep, tried going direct myself once. I wouldn't hold your breath for too long......

Its a shame really as i got on with my machine very well indeed, BUT, if it came to buying another, i'd be looking alot further than their front door.

To be fair they did get back to me and told me they have had a word with the supplier to sort it. But nothing happened on the suppliers part.

i won't hold my breath this time because I have posted them the Youtube link of the performance video saying I have posted it there so they can see how bad it is :bored:

I don't think they'll be too pleased but they are big enough not to care about a video posted on youtube .

Make sure the allen bolt holding the detent assembly on the rear of the spool block has not come loose. It is under the alloy cover on the opp end of the spool block to the control lever. Seen it happen on 2 model 90 and one older 6" Bandit, you still get F N R but not the full oil flow to the motors

Copy of the email sent to bandit Industries on 10th June 2008. No reply as yet, will post reply when it comes. Blanked out suppliers name.

This is a copy of the following message you sent to the Administrator at Bandit Industries, Inc.

This is an enquiry e-mail from Dean Lofthouse ([email protected]):

Company: D A Lofthouse Tree Surgery

Address: Windy Ridge, Toothill Bank

City: Brighouse

State/Province/Country: UK

Zip: HD6 3SF

Telephone: 0044 1484 719180

Message: I purchased a 65XL from #######/ ###### recycling at ###### in the UK on 29/10/2006 serial No 6113. I have had problems with the bottom feedwheel jamming from day one. I have contact the supplier on several occasions who have promised to fix it but never have. I then contacted you to complain about them. You then wrote back to me to tell me you have contacted ########## and if I contact them they will sort it. I did contact them and yes they promised to come out and fit a new modified bottom feed roller. That was now 10 months ago. They have taken so long the warranty has now ran out!!I am getting fed up with them promising to come and fix it. The chipper has done only 100 hours from new because it is simply unusable and is getting to the point where I am going to wear out the forward reverse lever because we are having to free the wheel up every few seconds. I have posted a video of how bad it is here so you can see just how bad it is, [ame=

]
[/ame]

Could you please please please get onto ########### and ask them to please sort out my chipper, they may take notice of you.

Kind Regards

Dean