BG86 stop switch

18 stoner

I've got a BG86 that only stops occasionally on the switch.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem and can lead me straight to it instead of me head scratching for two hours?:sneaky2:

Oh, and it will be out of warranty now:001_rolleyes:

Those switches often get a bit dodgy with age, probably just a loose/broken connection between the switch and the earth wire, or a knackered switch. You could probably get hold of a new switch pretty easily and fit it yourself.

Take the handle apart and have a gander (at your own peril of course) :001_tongue: Best of luck!

Yeh cheers Ben, just being lazy really asking, but dont seem to have much in the way of time lately.

Its the silly new push to stop then it resets jobby. Never had one of these newer types apart. Guess I'll have to find time:blushing:

Take handle apart....hehehehehe, classs, prob a wee shoeclip. Better again trade that biatch in for SH85 if you can find wan 86 is grand but get a big pipe. mmmmm blowe the knicker aff ye, bg wee girls toy !!!

Had the SH85 before this one, NEVER let me down but thought after 5 years i would treat myself so gave the old one to my dad.

Might ask if he wants to swap:biggrin:

I have problems all the time with the Stihl rocker type on/off switches. on strimmers, blowers, hedgecutters.

Think the type you have is different but to cure mine I just squirt WD40 into the switch around the rocker and switch it a few times, normally clears it quite quickly, I guess it's just a bit of muck or oxidation on the contacts.

aw aye man ask him, beg, bribe barter get it baaaack. Shes a dancer, no warm up at all - straight inte bagdad blowing the sheite out a everyting. Naw, seriously, get it back. a wee service and you'll be bast a friends again. i got mine 4/5 yrs ago. 130 ebay. rockon on robin. i darnt say it but i will...........soapy water for the airfliter very now and again and mayb just maybe a wee spark as a treat around christmas. as a matter of fact i try nat to touch her at all other than blowing sheite up. cudnt beat that wey a big stick. jeees its l8.