Personal insurance.

Marc

Just curious about insurance policies, i'm thinking about getting a mortgage, and want to look into covering myself against time of work due to accidents or ill health.

I can get mortgage cover easy and cheaply enough, but this only covers my mortgage after the first 2 months of work and only upto 2 years. It also only covers mortgage repayments and not loss of earnings.

Being self employed I need more than that, i'm thinking with personal insurance which covers my earnings, or pays a lump sum for certain injuries may be better and would cover the cost of my mortgage.

Is it possible to say get PLI which also includes personal cover and would help with mortgage repayments.

Or am I better off getting seperate cover?

Just curious about insurance policies, i'm thinking about getting a mortgage, and want to look into covering myself against time of work due to accidents or ill health.

I can get mortgage cover easy and cheaply enough, but this only covers my mortgage after the first 2 months of work and only upto 2 years. It also only covers mortgage repayments and not loss of earnings.

Being self employed I need more than that, i'm thinking with personal insurance which covers my earnings, or pays a lump sum for certain injuries may be better and would cover the cost of my mortgage.

Is it possible to say get PLI which also includes personal cover and would help with mortgage repayments.

Or am I better off getting seperate cover?

Look in a firm called Insurity. You can pay a monthly premium to whatever level you require, you can also lower that premium if you fall on hard times. You take out the policy over twelve years.

If you don't claim in twelve years, you get all the money you have paid into the scheme back.

Gonna be loads of repo's coming up in the next few months!!

hell yeah!!!! my missus mum bought her house for 22 grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was 8 yrs ago tho,

i got ins. from AIG, not too sure about them........ got 28 days tho but insurity sounds good, with aig you get the same but have to be with them 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!