Courses in Scotland

Scottish

So I'm currently studying an FdSc in Arboriculture down in England, just finished first year. Alot more theory based than I was looking for, but ahwell, life's a bitch.

I had previously failed to find this course in Scotland, just wondering if anyone knows anything about it? I'm really happy where I am right now, but £3,500 a year tuition fees when I could be studying for free in Scotland is a pain. I'm just looking at option which I'll probably never take up.

I had been told by someone that Stirling offer this, but found nothing?

Any info greatly appreciated

Hi Scottish,

Few places you can study Arb in Scotland.

Kilmarnock college - Craig Centre, Kilmarnock

Barony college - Dumfries,Not to far from Clark for all your equipment needs

Inverness college - Culloden, Inverness

SAC as mentioned before - Ayr

There is another which i cannot remember, anyone??

Not sure what each individual college is doing with regards to level of qualification but they all provide Arboriculture full time courses, SAC i am not sure if they do right now or not. Should find them all on the net easy enough.

Hope this helps you out, know one needs £3,500 fees each year, but if it is a good school and you are getting taught the right things, the devil you know and all that......

Best of luck:001_smile:

Hi Scottish

I studied at the Scottish School of Forestry in Inverness which is part of the University of the Highlands & Islands.

I got an HND in Arboriculture & Urban Forestry and decided to stay on to do the degree, Sustainable Forest Management with Arboriculture & Urban Forestry BSc.

Like your course it was very much theory as the aim is to train you to management level. All I got was job based experience during college and had to get all my tickets after completing the degree.

Hi Scottish,

As previously mentioned, The Barony College is a very well equipped centre for forestry and arboriculture training courses, offering the HND in Forestry and Arboriculture and various SVQ's and short courses. Beautiful location too in south west Scotland :001_smile:

Forestry and Arboriculture Barony College