Is it possible?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

is it possible for a none qualified arb to become a registered consultant with the arb association list?

If it is not, what is the minum level?

if it is what do you have to prove?

I'm afraid not, a min. level 4 qual. is required in the scheme standards but, currently, this is not confined to arb (although if not, adequate arb CPD to level 4 would need be demonstrated.)

Further if a member has achieved 'Professional Member' status via the assessed route, to include a portfolio submission (10 of 13 topic areas), to prove competence then this may present an avenue to AA Registered Consultant status.

To be honest Tony if my reply on this subject seems a little vague, that's because it probably is as my colleague Guy Watson ([email protected] or tel. 01242 522152) manages the RC scheme and he is best placed to advise.

Cheers..

Paul

I'm afraid not, a min. level 4 qual. is required in the scheme standards but, currently, this is not confined to arb (although if not, adequate arb CPD to level 4 would need be demonstrated.)

Further if a member has achieved 'Professional Member' status via the assessed route, to include a portfolio submission (10 of 13 topic areas), to prove competence then this may present an avenue to AA Registered Consultant status.

To be honest Tony if my reply on this subject seems a little vague, that's because it probably is as my colleague Guy Watson ([email protected] or tel. 01242 522152) manages the RC scheme and he is best placed to advise.

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks Paul, it might have been vauge, but it offered a hope, and having been a seriously commited CPD goer for some time im well on way to that portion!

So my next question is

What can I do to have myself "tested" to ascertain wether I am level 4 qualified?

Thanks Paul, it might have been vauge, but it offered a hope, and having been a seriously commited CPD goer for some time im well on way to that portion!

So my next question is

What can I do to have myself "tested" to ascertain wether I am level 4 qualified?

Tony, in asking "what can I do to have myself tested..." I take it you are referiing to the AA testing you to see if you reach the required level, i.e. level 4, for Professional Member status?

Firstly, in order to gain that level of membership you need to have been an AA member, either as an Associate (no formal quals req'd.) or Technician (level 3 qual req'd.) for the preceeding 2 years.

Thereafter it's a case of submitting your portfolio of evidence to demonstrate the necessary level of knowledge in 10 of 13 topic areas (see AA website for further info) This does incur a costs as the Association engages external assessemnt for this.

If you are seriously considering this route, as appears to be the case (n 'gud'on'ya for that) I would definately speak to my colleague Guy and determine how best to proceed (he's a good chap, kinda like me...kinda, but better!)

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks Paul, I will speak to guy in person at the APF I think, bit of a wait till then but better in person.

assuming he will be there?

Morning Tony,

Unfortunately, unlikley, as Guy works with us part-time and his days are usual days are Monday & Tuesday I don't think he will be there on a Thurs-Sat.

His contact tel. no. is 01242 552152 or email [email protected]

Cheers..

Paul