Quotes over the phone.

Mesterh

Haha, no.....they didnt climb inside the conifer mate :001_smile:

dean most of us are 1 man bands with a groundie and our own kit, whats the worst that can happen on a domestic job locally? you just have to work a bit longer and spend a few more quid on fuel and boys wages:001_smile:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but how much are you loosing, not 400 or 800. Or you could earn £800 by lunchtime, have a delighted customer and go home. You are looking at it in the wrong way, do you price every job the cheapest way possible, good customers want good tradesman and they want to see us in business for future jobs.

Companies have systems in place, and each employee will be picked for their skills and trained to deal with situations that will arise when dealing with customers, you are have more than likely went on courses for chainsaw operations and sat tests to operate vehicles and machinery but you are relying on your own social skills with your customer care and peolpe skills, if you find you are constantly having trouble with customers and even other peolple in your day to day life then its time to consider taking a course or seeking advice from a professional.

:sneaky2:

I'm not that bad that I have to see a shrink just yet:laugh1:

I hope.:blushing:

Narr seriously I have no problem whatsoever in communicating in real life no matter how I come across on here.

This type of client doesnt come along very often. Besides I had no problem communicating with him although he wasnt British so his accent wasnt too good!

Anyway I waste my time looking at jobs that people dont want to pay for (yes the big problem of being in the YP that everyone moans about) and dont get done so its better off that he cancelled and didnt waste my time any further.

i have done jobs blind loads of times, never lost out yet. I give peolpe the idea of costs aswell over the phone, some customers are nervous and calling up a tradesman can be quite a stressfull thing for some, i re assure them over the phone that i will find a way to do their job as economically as possible and give them examples close to them as most of my jobs come from me being seen working close to them. I will also ask them their budget and depending on their description of the job i will be honest and tell them if i think it will be possible on their budget.

WOW!

Must say your are better than me at this job.:thumbup1:

Well me and the rest of the arb world:001_tongue:

I get jobs wrong when I'm standing there looking at them:blushing:

The only jobs I will price over the phone are stump jobs (even those not very often)and for that they must get off their arse and get the tape measure out. Even then I tell them if there wrong I will be charging X amount more for every inch they have under measured.

Well I have a stump grinder that if you can walk to the stump you can grind it.

Plus asking if theres straight access to get a 3 foot wide 10 foot long machine that weighs half a ton isnt too difficult.

Besides I only do that if it sounds very straight forward.

Its way way way easier imo to have a price structure for a tree stump than a tree.

just because you cant do something doesnt mean others cant, i cant do a back flip but it doesnt mean it isnt possible, if there was an equation that you could use to work out prices over the phone, would you be interested in knowing it or would you rather laugh it off and call others crazy??:001_rolleyes:

just because you cant do something doesnt mean others cant, i cant do a back flip but it doesnt mean it isnt possible, if there was an equation that you could use to work out prices over the phone, would you be interested in knowing it or would you rather laugh it off and call others crazy??:001_rolleyes:

I dont think your crazy, maybe a little bonkers though.:laugh1::001_tongue:

Well I'm not that good at maths but go on then, I'll give it a try.:thumbup1: