finding jobs

Budebob

I think my point is pretty obvious. If you get, for example, a credit card offer from Barclaycard in the post you know it's genuine. If you get a flyer from some pikie shoved through your letter box....well, we all know about them!

It is simple,if you are a professional company, flyers are fine,but if your a cowboy then they may give the game away.

We each know what we are :icon14::wave:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i started with flyers, got myself a good rep. and now im too busy! the last thing i need to do is advertise anywhere else, so i recon that flyers have saved me a fortune:icon14: if work slows down due to the economic climate the last thing i will do is give my hard earned cash to someone for advertising, ill be out posting flyers.:wave:

Does this mean that some of the people on here have so much work that they can be selective about the work they carry out?????

ie. NO CONIFERS how good must that be.

what no conifers? what would we have to moan about if we didnt do conifers there the hi-light of the week for me:cussing:

That's pretty unusual, no large publication would ask this of you. I can see that some small scale local paper or newsletter might want the money in advance though. With a directory, like the yellow pages, you never have to pay up-front.

Well that's strange, both the yellow pages and the regional newspaper we advertised one of our other business in wanted paying up front

what i did was posted flyers with a business card attached to it, which have both a home and mobile telephone no.

when your starting, or if work drys up its a good cheap way to drum up some business:icon14:

I did the same, got some work that way, but people seem to slag that idea off! Read it on a couple of other tree surgeons web sites saying that people who, do, do that arent the real thing. Doesnt really help people who are fully qualified to do the work, to get there business started.

hi, im new on here so firstly, owdo!

Just a quick one to see if anyone has any bright ideas about advertising/scoring jobs etc.

I dont think there is anyone on here from my neck of the woods so hopefully you wont be giving me your ideas and then finding me pinching all your jobs.

I have recentley set up with a mate and so far we have been doing really well, bearing in mind we also do timber building and other things, but recentley work has been drying up and apart from ads in the local paper and shops etc we dont know where else to look.

Need some jobs so any help would be appreciated.

:cheers:

Dont do it in mid wales, but what im thinking of doing is, a sponsered climb, find the biggest tree and climb it for charity, get the local pres involved. Free Advertising of your company for free.

It worked for a friend of mine. Good luck mate.