Climbing kits

Tom2020

Its coming up to my 18th birthday next month and i dunno what to get I came across this climbing kits from gustharts

https://www.gustharts.com/Products/Arborist%20Equipment/Arbor%20Kits/Product/QUERCUS%20Tree%20Climbing%20Kit/

The harness,prussik ropes,Climbing kit, Is the same i use in college and i love it so i'm thinking of getting it. As i have used it and like it That's the main thing.

Any idea on the odd chance i can get it a little cheaper 450 quid seems ok to me.

I will also need to get it loler test also if i was to use it in college any idea how much it would cost and where i could get in done i live in the north west area..

Thanks in advance

if you join the AA as a student, you can get 15% off at honey bros and that can save a lot of money. it depends on what you buy though.

if you go somewhere and say 'ive got this much to spend in cash' you will get some very good deals.

Your at myerscough arent you?

Rob malcomson lolerd all my kit for free

afaik and correct me if i'm wrong please but kit that is less than 6 months old doesnt need loler'd? jus make sure to get and KEEP all your reciepts and certs of conf.

as someone who is addmittadly shocking at keeping paper trails, i highly recommend the purchase of one of them little till/safe/lockable document box tinny things and putting important papers in there. give your ma a key and keep one yourself:)

[quote name=if you join the AA as a student, you can get 15% off at honey bros and that can save a lot of money. it depends on what you buy though

Your at myerscough arent you?

Rob malcomson lolerd all my kit for free[/quote]

Thanks for that rob ill have a look into that i got keith pendilton on my course seem a nice guy hopefully he will get it sorted for me

afaik and correct me if i'm wrong please but kit that is less than 6 months old doesnt need loler'd? jus make sure to get and KEEP all your reciepts and certs of conf.

as someone who is addmittadly shocking at keeping paper trails, i highly recommend the purchase of one of them little till/safe/lockable document box tinny things and putting important papers in there. give your ma a key and keep one yourself:)

I think ill still have to get it done as ill be using it in college

Thanks for the help so far guys keep it coming

• 3 weeks later...

Tom, I just finished the 9 week course at Merrist Wood. Some of the guys bought climbing kit quite early on but were not allowed to use it, an issue with liability and insurance I believe.

Edited by knight6m
poor grammar

what kit did you go for tom???? if it was gushart one give me some reviews please

Thats the one i went for 5/5 for the kit im over the moon with it.

The other half is starting to get annoyed that i would rather go climbing then take her out :thumbup: Ill send you a Pm with a bit more info on it :001_cool:

Thats the one i went for 5/5 for the kit im over the moon with it.

The other half is starting to get annoyed that i would rather go climbing then take her out :thumbup: Ill send you a Pm with a bit more info on it :001_cool:

That is perfectly normal behaviour for someone with arbititis. It's a common disease with only one cure. More climbing. Keep up the enthusiasm mate. Serious. Good times.