Cat amongst the Pidgeons Time

David Humphries

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having spent some time in the Australasian continent and in Melbourne actually, I was not only shocked by the level of care they manage to sustain (IMO ****** awful ) but by the way the tree gets used. The point I want to make here is that there are a large number of significantly huge trees retained by owners slap bang butt up to the buildings. Most dwellings are built on a foundation of piles and so root issues are less prevalent. It is done to provide much needed shade to the occupiers.:scared:

Like you tho' Tony...i would not want to see another one!

And underneath it all, that's my fundamental point. I tried not to discuss this pariticular tree. We can't really as we haven't seen it first hand.

Regardless of my personal opinions of individuals rights, and regardless of appropriate management techniques in the past.

We wouldn't want another one would we??

Fortunately you have no right to tell the owner what to do , and fortunately he can't punch you out when you tell him he is a tree molester.:)

Thing is buddy, thats exactly what I do.

I'm going to do it on monday morning - I'm going to stop a guy doing what he wants to do with his trees. I'm going to stop him because the trees are too important.

As for the second point - woe betide him should he follow that course of action...

Thing is buddy, thats exactly what I do.

I'm going to do it on monday morning - I'm going to stop a guy doing what he wants to do with his trees. I'm going to stop him because the trees are too important.

As for the second point - woe betide him should he follow that course of action...

Hitler lives!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Ok more opinion on the management of this tree, potential target areas, ie the pavement, the house, the family, the public, these are all safer due to the ongoing maintenance of this tree. If the old guy had to pay for this, and get in an arborist, we have to ask the question would he bother? I think not, judging by the fact that many people dont, so his only option in time would have been to totally remove the tree, and tho not a perfect specimen, it is a tree non-the-less, providing a habitat, shade, and pleasure to the family.