Great Dane Gateway Mower manual

tractorboy1

Just brought a Great Dane Gateway Mower off ebay seems really good. Was just wondering if anyone had a manual for it and any advice on using one. Not used a large hydrostatic drive mower before taking a while to get used to it, the bloke I got it from told me to have a play in a large field till I git used to it and he was right.

Cheers

Steve

597655ce744eb_!BppC6nQBWk(KGrHqEOKjsEuZcfpNpUBLsP4j)KSw_35.jpg.a4bf398768871e1f5370e75c74f7ef47.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Nice mower, the company I work for have a few of them at the main depot but mostly we use Scag mowers. I have a 48" cut and a 36" one being sent down next week.

The work you can get through with these type of mowers is amazing and they're so robust and reliable, just let it do the work don't try to wrestle it about. Start slow and build up your confidence with it and soon you'll be nearly running behind it:)

Not got a manual for the great dane unfortunately. If you emailed the makers they may be able to send you a file via email with any info you're after?

I remember i was trying out a great dane surfer (stand on the back ride on) a while back cutting around a field with a low wall. There are two squeeze levers to make it go, and as Iwas cutting a friend drove past, who i waved to without thinking. Taking my right hand off the right drive lever caused me to swing violently left and crash into the wall. Oopsie. Don't think the rep was too impressed with the paint damage to a brand new machine either...

I remember i was trying out a great dane surfer (stand on the back ride on) a while back cutting around a field with a low wall. There are two squeeze levers to make it go, and as Iwas cutting a friend drove past, who i waved to without thinking. Taking my right hand off the right drive lever caused me to swing violently left and crash into the wall. Oopsie. Don't think the rep was too impressed with the paint damage to a brand new machine either...

The chap I brought the mower off had a surfer on demo and said it was the scariest machine he had ever driven. His employee used to cal my mower Carrie after the Stephen King book. TBH I was scared of it at first but once you get used to it they are great with the odd set deck you can get right under trees. Saving loads of strimming.