good business card website

chris cnc

just got some business cards delivered today from goodprint.co.uk

they are really good quality, nice card, good colors, and i only got the cheapest styles, nothing flash

the site has lots of templates to choose from which is handy

the cheaper ones (which are real good IMO) are only around a fiver for 100

more colorful cards are about a fiver for 50

just saying i'd recommend em!

• 3 weeks later...

that sounds like an absolute bargain!

I got quoted these prices yesterday from a conventional printers;

250 business cards printed full colour on cream textured board £74.00 500 would be £85.00

250 DL flyers would be £99.00 500 would be £119.00 and 1000 would be £138.00

with a little re-designing of the logo,is this normal kinda prices can someone tell me?!

that sounds like an absolute bargain!

I got quoted these prices yesterday from a conventional printers;

250 business cards printed full colour on cream textured board £74.00 500 would be £85.00

250 DL flyers would be £99.00 500 would be £119.00 and 1000 would be £138.00

with a little re-designing of the logo,is this normal kinda prices can someone tell me?!

Litho or digital mate?

it'l be digital..the chap said the price includes the re-designing and textured card.still seems a touch pricey non?

Yeh, for digital that is a bit steep. You often get what you pay for with printing though mate. To be honest, I can tell the difference between Litho and digital from a mile away, but most cant so digital is prob the way to go. There are loads of companies who do really cheap Digital printing but most of them are rubbish.

For what its worth, I would get business cards and compliments slips and stuff like that done by someone you know will do it properly, cos these will def be seen by people you want to impress. Leaflets for large scale drops are most cost effective if you get them done cheaper, most will get binned, and chances are 99% of people wont know they were cheap anyway.

I can get 5000 a5 full colour leaflets done for about £150, just to give you an idea of prices.

If you get them done cheap by a company on the internet make sure the design is done properly on Adobe in-design/ illustrator and that they are saved at full resolution. Most people think for print that 300dpi is sufficient but saving in higher resolution will give better printed results.

If you go for templates on the internet for business cards etc, be a bit creative. There is someone on here who has their business card as their avatar and it is one or the most common cards as its design is on the first couple of pages of a well known card design site. Even the colours havent been changed.

Last thing, spend time and money on the content and design, not the printing would be my advice, in your line of business. You are looking to get people to want your service, so a call to action is much more important than a brand awareness type advert.

Sorry to waffle on, I dont know much about trees, advertising and marketing is my subject.:thumbup1:

you chaps in advertising love to waffle :lol:

No, thanks for the advise Arbclimber..this does look like a good company so if they do me proud on the design I can always get more printed at a later date by a cheaper place!

You need to watch that mate, a lot of places keep the design. You could obviously get it copied but you might not get the original artwork.

Would be worth asking if they could put the files onto a memory stick for you. Some will, some wont.

well said arbclimber,,

nowt wrong with marketing waffle.. i could go on for hours..

Maybe one of us should start a marketing thread. Might be useful for anyone who thinks marketing and advertising are the same thing or those who dont know their CRM from their USP. We could waffle and waffle and then, waffle some more.:lol: