Whak kit will I need for the cs30 & 31 training course.

J.D

Cheers men, I have a MS180 I can *cough "borrow" with a 12 inch bar, will that be too small ?

I did mine with a MS170 with a 14"bar and it didn't make it particularly easy - with the mico picco chain I had to open up the back cut to get the felling lever in !

I didn't have to do a bore cut,but I should imagine that could be a PITA as well!

I'd try and nab a 260 or simillar if you can

Good luck

Steve

Cheers Steve, I will have a look around see if anybody will let me borrow one for a week.

Cheers men, I have a MS180 I can *cough "borrow" with a 12 inch bar, will that be too small ?

I did mine with a MS170 with a 14"bar and it didn't make it particularly easy - with the mico picco chain I had to open up the back cut to get the felling lever in !

I didn't have to do a bore cut,but I should imagine that could be a PITA as well!

I'd try and nab a 260 or simillar if you can

Good luck

Steve

and heres where i look silly for amount i took with me - left most in landy though.

husky 340 with new chain on, plus spare new chain

husky 351 with new chain on, plus spare new chain

2 combi cans of fuel/oil

felling lever

2 wedges

first aid kit and whistle

tool kit for saws

paper towels, hand wipes, spare tops

waterproofs and spare saw gloves

tons of food and water, also coffee

The pico chain on the MS180 will make things a pain. I know as i did my test with a MS200. Doing a split level was a pain as i had to knock a hilift wedge in rather than using a felling bar.

It's always good to bring a few spare chains with you as it's better to get more hands on felling time on the course than sharpening chains. You can do that in the evenings.