Bizarre critical illness conditions

Dean Lofthouse

Because I get on well with my Natwest Business Manager I agreed for him to give a quote and proposal for critical and life cover.

They are underwritten by Norwich Union.

We started the proposal in Sept last year and after numerous correspondance we finally got a price and proposal today. Our lass had an on going doctors appointment for virtigo which they wouldn't quote for until results had come back.

I read through the conditions of the critical illness and have rung up today to tell them to stick their insurance as a result and will be going instead with AXA.

Loss of Hands or feet: The Natwest arrangement require the loss of two limbs, AXA only one, particularly important when you consider my occupation. I would find it quite difficult cutting two arms off whilst holding the chainsaw with one of them.

Paralysis of Limbs: The natwest / Norwich union arrangement again require two limbs to be paralised before paying out. AXA just one

Coronary Heart Bypass Surgery: The Natwest / NU arrangement will demand that a Sternotomy (splitting of the breast bone ) is done during surgery. The AXA contract will enable a claim to be made if the operation is carried out by Keyhole surgery. My local hospital (leeds St James) only use keyhole.

Absolutely shocking conditions