health and safety a controversial subject?

Ok, so the requiremtn is the contraversial aspect? from a HSE point of view.

The possible banning of top handles saws?

The work at height regulations? That could be good, as the way it was written makes it difficult to implement in our proffesion, and so we now acknowledge it but don't make it mandatory in every job?????

Ermmm........I'll have a think.......

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you see where we are coming from Tony??

Th HSE know all about rigging and the risks involved (thanks in part to the treevolution research etc) and I'm sure they want us to be more careful all the time, but I don't see a contraversial aspect to that.

THEY WILL NEVER be able to enforce MEWP in the U.K, the nation would go beserk and riot! they would fear nemasis!

as for tree hazard survey quals, with so few comments worthy of note regarding this particular issue coming from the ELITE stable i would not have sufficient to write about!

it is a very "grey" area

THEY WILL NEVER be able to enforce MEWP in the U.K, the nation would go beserk and riot! they would fear nemasis!

WOW, theres your contraversy right there!!!!! You could write plenty more on that!

I think if you go with rigging you'll find plenyt to write about so go for it. Just remember that facts about accidents and safety etc is not controversial.

as for tree hazard survey quals, with so few comments worthy of note regarding this particular issue coming from the ELITE stable i would not have sufficient to write about!

it is a very "grey" area

Both would be very interesting to research (if you had the time). For MEWPS Compare the accident stats, the usage, the skill level required the costs..

I have a council who is now specifying MEWP usage on certain jobs. A TO with no climbing experience is telling me the "safest" way to take down a tree.. I've only been tree climbing 10 years..

Both would be very interesting to research (if you had the time). For MEWPS Compare the accident stats, the usage, the skill level required the costs..

I have a council who is now specifying MEWP usage on certain jobs. A TO with no climbing experience is telling me the "safest" way to take down a tree.. I've only been tree climbing 10 years..

Ironic how ANYONE with NO personal experiance of a subject can claim to be in a position to give opinion!

TO's that NEVER climbed:thumbdown: