Advice from you academics!

I have glued a picture of hama to the on/off button on my laptop. I find that I win every argument with the aid of this simple piece of technology:biggrin:

Would that not mean having to take said picture off the dart board though paul?

I personally respect u a huge amount for even contemplating your in depth entry into his Alan Rayner thread. You certainly are a brave man with much more patience than i could ever hope to have.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that not mean having to take said picture off the dart board though paul?

I personally respect u a huge amount for even contemplating your in depth entry into his Alan Rayner thread. You certainly are a brave man with much more patience than i could ever hope to have.

Thanks for the compliment arbclimber.

Me and hama used to fight hammer and tongues, but sort of have an understanding now, I think.

Your'e earlier post about how easy it is to get into trouble, thru choice of words etc is so true. Everyone's had trouble with it at some time, and I think the matter might be worthy of its own thread - on learning forum speak.

I still get into trouble as can't resist, mishievous posts, like the one I just made. I actually think Hama's valuable to the forum with his fungal knowledge and enthusiasm.

We all have our ways of reacting to what others say, and sometimes over reacting. I like the way you always take time to disentangle your misunderstandings. I'm too lazy to do all the typing usually and just retreat or hit the magic button.

Believe it or not I'm making my best effort, to stay out of arguments at the moment, and trying to make my inputs positive, or useful. :thumbup:

Edited by Albedo

Dont think a Masters Degree is an alternative to a Diploma mate. Unless you already have a Degree and have just decided to take another route completely I suppose. You normally wont get on an Msc course unless you have at least done a 3 year Degree.

I do have a degree already, but not in arb. Myerscough said I prob wouldn't get on the degree course but I should apply for the masters! I don't quite understand it but would be happy to do the masters anyway.

Tbh my preference was for the RFS Prof Dip, but nobody seems to know when this will start again.

Thanks for the compliment arbclimber.

Me and hama used to fight hammer and tongues, but sort of have an understanding now, I think.

Your'e earlier post about how easy it is to get into trouble, thru choice of words etc is so true. Everyone's had trouble with it at some time, and I think the matter might be worthy of its own thread - on learning forum speak.

I still get into trouble as can't resist, mishievous posts, like the one I just made. I actually think Hama's valuable to the forum with his fungal knowledge and enthusiasm.

We all have our ways of reacting to what others say, and sometimes over reacting. I like the way you always take time to disentangle your misunderstandings. I'm too lazy to do all the typing usually and just retreat or hit the magic button.

Believe it or not I'm making my best effort, to stay out of arguments at the moment, and trying to make my inputs positive, or useful.

The best advice i've had about being on here is from Stevie Blair, he always says what he thinks, admits when he's wrong and values everyones opinions equally. He's a sound bloke with no axe to grind and I think that comes across. I'm however not quite there yet.:biggrin:

Yes, I do always like to clear up any misunderstandings, and sometimes find myself in the odd sticky situation through being a bit blunt, and some may say condescending, (although I object to being criticised in that way by anyone who cant spell it, oops there I go again:laugh1:). I do tend to read all posts and consider my point before adding to threads so am sometimes annoyed if I get a stupid unconsidered response. I think Hama may be of the same opinion.

I think this forum is like a mini community with people of all ages with different views and opinions all posting about a wide variety of topics, somehow I think a little friction may be inevitable. I find the interaction fascinating but cant help but take offence at some comments, but thats just me. I remember a while ago Stevie suggested that most on here are very similar people, maybe thats true, but I personally feel I come from a very different place to most on here. I started a landscaping and tree work business essentially because a good friend of mine (who sadly is no longer with us) told me there was no way I could ever do a proper days work. Evening after evening he and his friends would turn up to the pub, in vans after a hard days work, then I would arrive in a suit in my little 2 seater, and the banter would begin. Them telling me I couldn't do a proper days work, and me telling them that any business was easy to run using sound business and marketing principles.

Anyway long story short, I ran my landscaping and tree work business for 7 years until last year, when I sold it to one of my assistants. And thats why i'm here. I am much more at home balancing a P & L or writing a marketing plan, than I am up a tree. All of my qualifications are business based and I intend to keep it that way.

Think I may have gone off on a little bit of a tangent there. It seemed relevant when I was typing away.

Anyway, what time does Tony finish work, I could just do with reading some pointless ramblings of an uneducated man.:001_tt2::001_tt2:

I do have a degree already, but not in arb. Myerscough said I prob wouldn't get on the degree course but I should apply for the masters! I don't quite understand it but would be happy to do the masters anyway.

Tbh my preference was for the RFS Prof Dip, but nobody seems to know when this will start again.

Cool, that does seem a bit strange though doesn't it. My degree etc isn't in Arb either so i'm not sure I can be of any help. If they are happy to let you do it though, why not. Might be a bit of a jump though.

Whats your degree in? Anything remotely relevant?

Some good points well made, arbclimber.

I'm a great believer that it takes all sorts, we need the quiet ones and the noisy ones. I like straight talking and brutal honesty, but this is too much for some people, so I've toned it down a bit over the years.

I think a lot of times people take each other a bit too literaly here on the forum, when quite capable of not doing so. -- I think there could be a bit more leeway given there.

I wonder if we had an Irony - wee facey thingy - would it then not be irony?.

Is this a massive derail by the way , the derailererist:001_smile:

Some good points well made, arbclimber.

I'm a great believer that it takes all sorts, we need the quiet ones and the noisy ones. I like straight talking and brutal honesty, but this is too much for some people, so I've toned it down a bit over the years.

I think a lot of times people take each other a bit too literaly here on the forum, when quite capable of not doing so. -- I think there could be a bit more leeway given there.

I wonder if we had an Irony - wee facey thingy - would it then not be irony?.

Is this a massive derail by the way , the derailererist:001_smile:

Wouldn't it be ironic, if the special irony face only served to sabotage all attempts at irony on the site.:laugh1: