S.r.t?

Danavan

I have been watching people using the srt system for some time now & have decided to chizle open my wallet & get set up with a system myself.

Question is what should I go for? Lots of different static lines out their! makes & best lenghth? sinch or the other thing? & any other bits? I have seen the kong accender (the real slim looking thing) used & thin bits of elasticated cord to aid gear follow on!?

Any info tips on use & best place to buy from will be much apriciated.

start simple and work up i tweek my system all the time inc. ropes and biners and config so just play, id go with globe line and a handled ascender footloop croll and pantin and then tweek it and see what else people do i use a weird one where i got a basic as my hand ascender and use some other weird bits but it works for me and not others.

start simple and work up i tweek my system all the time inc. ropes and biners and config so just play, id go with globe line and a handled ascender footloop croll and pantin and then tweek it and see what else people do i use a weird one where i got a basic as my hand ascender and use some other weird bits but it works for me and not others.

I have a petzl pantin, croll and ascension with a footloop. Works really well.

Croll in the middle. step down on pantin and push up ascension. Then step down of ascension with footloop. Croll captures the progress. Nice easy ropewalker system!

Thanks for feed back jarnii & Bender.

Sounds like basics first & tweek will be the way to go along with keeping it simple & easy till I find what works.

What hand assender do you use jarnii? I have seen a kong one that looked less bulky than the pez, can't find it on line any place even though I was told it was bought from Honey bro. Not worked with the guy for a while so not had the chance to ask him. As another post says 'Marc where are you?' it was Q's gadgit..

hey danavan, cant remember the name of the ascenders id reccomend but ill post when i do its not kong or petzl though its one of the less well known ones. personally im using a basic and shock absorber and a hand lead and a funky foot loop and a 2 point attached croll and a locking pantin. works really well for me but takes ages to get right.

just have a play and see whats about. mine still isnt perfect and have gained ideas from climbing in different places but am now finding what works for me. i hope it works for you and it can make sense to you. little things like weight at the bottom of the rope and what to do with the gear is also personal preferance. good luck though.