Chestnut Pollards, Worcester.

John Hancock

Got a story to tell about my beloved Chestnuts – The riverside was recently cleared of Alders by a local (ish) company, some obviously went the wrong way and some of the heads have been snapped off – Not Good!! :thumbdown:

That's outrageous John, were you informed by the culprits or did you just stumble across it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this over in Richmond sw London today, and it reminded me of this old thread of yours John.

Thought I'd post it here, no harm in resurecting a fine old thread :thumbup:

We 're-pollarded' that tree......has a plaque as one of the great trees of London.

That's outrageous John, were you informed by the culprits or did you just stumble across it?

Matt and Tom have just told me about it. I haven’t been down yet because it’s going to stress me out big-time! I’ll take the camera and take a few pictures. :sneaky2:

We 're-pollarded' that tree......has a plaque as one of the great trees of London.

A remarkable tree indeed.

Came across it on coming out of the park having been in Pembroke lodge on the HSE day.

The big Oak mono at the gate with the coros, one of yours Sean?

Saw Bill

Didn't hear the distant hum of any saws though :sneaky2::001_tongue:

Edited by Monkey-D

Came across it on coming out of the park having been in Pembroke lodge on the HSE day.

Saw Bill

Kensington gdns for me today.....How was the HSE meet? And Bill did a talk i hear?

The tree is amazing as you say.....a pleasure to work on.

Matt and Tom have just told me about it. I haven’t been down yet because it’s going to stress me out big-time! I’ll take the camera and take a few pictures. :sneaky2:

Obviously don't want any names, but hope they're quaking in there collective little booties, knowing they've just incurred the wrath of an AT favourite thread author :sneaky2:

The big Oak mono at the gate with the coros, one of yours Sean?

Saw Bill

Besides which i've been on 10% vet oak reductions with handsaw and secateurs:thumbup::thumbdown:

Monolith at gate been there years.....one of the first ones done.....think it looks ridiculous myself

Kensington gdns for me today.....How was the HSE meet? And Bill did a talk i hear?

The tree is amazing as you say.....a pleasure to work on.

was pretty good, Treevolution did some aerial rescue demos & Paul Smith went over the AAAC scheme.

Bill & Scott (City Suburban) went over how much their respective running costs were to become AAC compliant. Very interesting.

Looks like reverification is likely to become every two years and not the current five.

Confirmed with Simon, Bill & Mike today, that next Tuesdays little CoL & Royal Park get together at Richmond is still on.

Be good if you're around. Lean on Mr Malin a bit :biggrin:

Edited by Monkey-D

Monolith at gate been there years.....one of the first ones done.....think it looks ridiculous myself

Didn't want to say anything until I found out who had done it.

It does look quite a bit out of place where it is, great habitat nonetheless.

Maybe popping out of some holly growth would beter suit a big mono-coro like that one.

was pretty good, Treevolution did some aerial rescue demos & Paul Smith went over the AAAC scheme.

Bill & Scott (City Suburbun) went over how much their respective running costs were to become AAC compliant. Very interesting.

Looks like reverification is likely to become every two years and not the current five.

Confirmed with Simon, Bill & Mike today, that next Tuesdays little CoL & Royal Park get together at Richmond is still on.

Be good if you're around. Lean on Mr Malin a bit :biggrin:

Mr MALIN is coming to do some grounding tomorrow (hee hee) so will lean on him for sure.:001_smile:

Edited by Monkey-D