AAAC scheme public consultation.... The summary report.

Andy Clark

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comment from the AA: Overall approx. 80% of respondents agreed to this proposal. Some comments

address several questions (which is not untypical of the comments in general, I think somerespondents just made comments as they came into their minds)

Well that says it all really doesnt it ............

Whats the point of asking when you have a mind set like that........

8c- The issue of LA TOs etc. ‘policing’ the standards locally again came up with a suggestion for

simplified complaints/notification procedure to be agreed between the AA & NATO members for

reporting of incidents.

the use of tax payers money to support a private venture NAUGHTY

Comment from the AA: The AA recognises that better marketing of the AA & AAAC/RC schemes are

required along with promotion of the standards. The AA’s new website will be launched in April 2010

and this will prominently lead browsers to “Find a Professional”

Who will that incude THEN ?????????? AAAc only if so

are others not professional ? .... Yet more them & us

Edited by Yorkshireman

Comment from the AA: The AA recognises that better marketing of the AA & AAAC/RC schemes are

required along with promotion of the standards. The AA’s new website will be launched in April 2010

and this will prominently lead browsers to “Find a Professional”

Who will that incude THEN ?????????? AAAc only if so

are others professional ? .... in their opinion Yet more them & us

Thats going to be great, the AA is basically saying that 98% of the industry is unprofessional, i hope they have a resident legal team as that is surely just going to lead to huge amounts of lawsuits for what can only be described as slander.

This makes me so angry, who do they think they are saying that if you dont pay us money to register in our scheme we will say you are not professional......

I honestly belive that the industry will never move forward as long as the AA in its current form is our speaking body :thumbdown:

Edited by Arborist Sites

I like the "very Positive Response" statment.

Going off what i hear,

AA do you not realise that the majority of the industry havent responded to this consultation, they are too busy with the real world and trying to earn a living in tough times.!

If you went to every company in the industry you would more than likely get very differnt responses.

Thats going to be great, the AA is basically saying that 98% of the industry is unprofessional, i hope they have a resident legal team as that is surely just going to lead to huge amounts of lawsuits for what can only be described as slander.

This makes me so angry, who do they think they are saying that if you dont pay us money to register in our scheme we will say you are not professional......

I honestly belive that the industry will never move forward as long as the AA in its current form is our speaking body

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

I like the "very Positive Response" statment.

Going off what i hear,

AA do you not realise that the majority of the industry havent responded to this consultation, they are too busy with the real world and trying to earn a living in tough times.!

If you went to every company in the industry you would more than likely get very differnt responses.

Off the back of a recent a.n.other thread, i think it was noted that LANTRA (or someother) currently list some 30,000 people working in the "Trees and Timber industry".......

Considering the 395 validated responses to the consultation, my maths makes that approx 1% of the industry.

Positive response???

More like self gratification of the stranglehold that they continually impose on the rest of us. What a missed oppourtunity! :thumbdown:

I have just tried to take a more pro-active role on this topic, and post on the new AA dedicated forum..... AA - Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists

However as it appears as though one is not able to post threads on that forum, perhaps the AA representatives would care to add to the topic on here instead??

Perhaps "AATeccie", as the moderator for that forum, so i guess spokesperson for the AA, you would care to comment?

Well I guess the 'honeymoon' period is over eh?! So, if okay with you, I'll let the thread run a little further before responding on several points.

The AA Forum will hopefully be 'open for business' very shortly but, to be honest, given this particular topic and the interest it will/has generated perhaps it's better where it is on the 'General' forum so more can get involved in 'airing their views'?!

Thanks all..

Paul