London Plane Reduction

Rich Rule

A couple of pics of a job from last week. 2 Climbers, 1st day spent lowering due to the location of tree and buildings. 2nd day 2 climbers again and clear up. Bit of a nightmare for the groundies as it covered 6 gardens. We got some more pics from within the canopy, but they're on Chris' (the main climbers) camera. Will post them when i get a copy.

597653349a7ec_planeafter.jpg.26f18b66b0ca4533047b1459a265c84a.jpg

Photo-0013.jpg.f5c54d2c84b5579bf1c72e824f5abbe4.jpg

I notice the camera angle is different how much did you take out of it bout 30% ? Got a lovely shape to it now, bet the customer was pleased!

Customer was housing association, I think the original spec was 30 % but I think we probably reduced by about 20% ish. I must stress that the majority of the cutting was done by the Chris the main climber... with me lowering the first day from within the crown. The second day we worked together to reshape the side you see from the pics.

NICE! It's good to see a nice reduction instead of a pollard. The only London plane tree's I've ever seen are either left to do what they do or maintained as pollards.

I agree! London planes are very popular in the town I live as street trees however they are maintained as pollards which is a shame.

Nice one Biggun! Good to see a nice reduction on a plane, rather than the usually pollard.

Enjoy the boarding with danny!

LOL I mentioned you to danny at the weekend... don't know if you remember but we met at the Capel Manor celeb of trees last year. You were picnicing under the beech. I will certainly enjoy the boarding, feel robbed at the moment as I can't do seasons anymore with having a kid an all that. Suppose it is time to grow up a bit... ;)