Husky 262XP

rcarolina

My favourite saw.

Still goes out with us every day and we all like to use it.

Mine was made in 93. I got it second hand in 98, it hadn't done a lot of work.

One of the best investments I have ever made. I have done tens of thousands of pounds of work with it.

Trying to wean myself onto a 361 stihl for the better anti vibes. Its a good saw but and I like it, but it just doesn't have the same feel to it.

Whether yours is worth the expense of fixing up depends on the wear really.

You can get most of the bits still, but they often have to be ordered now, rather than off the dealers shelf.

And for how much longer?

Bought a second hand one from a dealer and it lasted less than a week and the dealer wouldnt honour the warranty he offered me.......a well known rogue from a town near plymouth (and its not abbey GM lol) and i was put off huskies for life, having been a stihl man before that anyway.......when i bought a 390xp a few months ago though i changed my mind.....its the nicest saw i have ever used.

Had a 262xp for the last 12 yrs, cracking saw and cut tons of timber with it.

That said, it does suffer slightly on the anti-vib front compared to more modern saws, but the combination of power to weight make it hard to put down - far more solidly built than the 357xp I was using today.

damn good saws imo, but like others have said, outdated now,even my 371, 97 model feels a bit dated and hads done little work