STIHL FS200 L screw only?

Admittedly it's done some mileage but only has 1 L screw for tuning. What's the knack with this / what's the tuning process. Keeps dying / bogging when revd up. Can't find a sweet spot with screwdriver.

Haven't had the carb off for a clean yet but tempted to buy a Chinese carb with H&L screws. Access is currently only for the L with a screwdriver so may need to alter the external grommet/ dust cover to access both. This carb is a Zama Stihl. Good idea to change? Thanks folks.

IMG_20240525_145547.jpg

IMG_20240525_145552.jpg

Remember the screw has a left hand thread unlike normal. 

Same question been asked before on here. Here is a link to it. Should help you, rather than me going over old ground.

Edited by pleasant

4 hours ago, pleasant said:

Remember the screw has a left hand thread unlike normal. 

Same question been asked before on here. Here is a link to it. Should help you, rather than me going over old ground.

Thank you for flagging that lot up. Thanks to previous contributors too. Gonna clean the carb as step 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Carb cleaned - no difference. It turned out to be  a compound issue - spark & fuel. Spark seemed weak. Swapped out the old spring cap for a crimped cap. Spark miles better. Bought my first fully adjustable H/L Chinese carb to replace the Stihl Zama. New fuel lines & filter & she's back on form - poss slightly better for not being forced to run too rich. Still takes too many pulls to start but I can live with that. Quite chuffed we're back in business.

IMG_20240609_164018.jpg

IMG_20240609_164030.jpg

IMG_20240609_164134.jpg

IMG_20240609_164140.jpg