How to remove carburator Mcculloch cs 350

tobsie

I am pretty handy, but I can't manage to remove the carburator from my Mcculloch cs 350 chainsaw. Disambling the whole chainsaw should not be the case 🙃.

Does anyone has experience with this chainsaw?

20240204_110304.thumb.jpg.bd40e66befa29bf67c57139ec8369c1b.jpg20240204_110300.thumb.jpg.d373a8c8a291ebe6ca4bbcaadd86e725.jpg20240204_110256.thumb.jpg.8729ce75a663ae0c4698e0465c463d5a.jpg20240204_110247.thumb.jpg.6a2eb5c8418c17bdf67d162379b362dd.jpg

Never done one on a McCulloch as we don't take them in for repair, but looking at your photos and the attached parts lists breakdown (which helps you to work out how to take it apart) it looks pretty straightforward (well, for a modern compact saw anyway)

Maybe you can see now, why places like ours charge £50 per hour labour to work on these things?

https://www.ersatzteilplan.de/ersatzteilzeichnungen/zeichnung_bilder/zeichnung/McCulloch-Euromac/McCulloch-Euromac-2011/Benzinkettensaege_McCulloch_CS350_966760314.pdf

Edited by pleasant
  • Thanks 1

That is the same as the Husqvarna 435,so remove the red stop switch, remove both purge bulb pipes, press the bayonet sides in of the purge bulb in and pop it out, to remove the throttle rod you need to press and lift up the small plastic bracket the rod slides  through ( hard to describe it,  but it just lifts up to release the rod ) remove the three screws holding the carb, unhook the filter housing from the securing rubber, remove the carb with the throttle rod still attaced to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, adw said:

That is the same as the Husqvarna 435,so remove the red stop switch, remove both purge bulb pipes, press the bayonet sides in of the purge bulb in and pop it out, to remove the throttle rod you need to press and lift up the small plastic bracket the rod slides  through ( hard to describe it,  but it just lifts up to release the rod ) remove the three screws holding the carb, unhook the filter housing from the securing rubber, remove the carb with the throttle rod still attaced to it.

Throttle.PNG

Thx! With the drawings and advice I managed to remove the carburator. I cleaned it, but after reinstalling the issue remains.

What happens that after starting the motor starts running not good after around 30 seconds with full throtle. When warm after 30 seconds it also goes off in stationary.

When the motor has cooled of I can start it again and when warm the issue returns.

Spark plug is dry and I replaced it for a new one to make sure this isn't the issue.

Any ideas what the issue can be?

Edited by tobsie

I hear what you say about the plug being dry, however these machines are very prone to ignition unit failures.

Other things to check, purge pipes connected up correctly ( short pipe on the purge bulb is suction so goes to the carb, the longer tube on the purge bulb is pressure so goes back to tank ) next check the twin induction pipe, this also incorporates the impulse pipe, check this has not collapsed and is blocked, next lack of compression due to the ring being carboned into the piston, finally spark arrestor blocked.

• Thanks 1