Conservation application query

Barney

I've given notice for several tree jobs recently. Some I have had to pop up a site notice, a couple I haven't. I have received emails either way with the decision.

I am still waiting on one job which I was hoping to start Monday. (I gave notice just over 6 weeks ago)

I have emailed the council with the reference and asked for an update on Monday but no reply .

The job is just reducing the side of a large conifer tree, could it be that they don't deem it necessary to give notice? In theory can I just crack on as it's been more than 6 weeks? Anyone else had similar?

Thanks

I get an email some of the time, no answer is acceptable response and means no objection. Do your council have an online planning comment system? Ours do so my first step is check they have validated the notice and put dates against it.

I think in theory once you have notified them the clock starts, but if you wait till after the 6 week target date on the system then no argument either way.

• Like 1

I'm going to assume it's a CA notification given its on a conifer..

The important date is the date the LA acknowledged receipt of your notification for works.

Then they have 6 weeks to either do nothing, TPO it or tell you they aren't going to TPO it (rare).

So double check correspondence from them acknowledging receipt of your notification, and then assuming 6 weeks have passed from that date and you've not heard then you can carry on.

It's not bad thing to check online or drop an email/call to confirm particularly if the tree may actually merit a TPO, to be sure you've not missed any updates etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ledburyjosh said:

I'm going to assume it's a CA notification given its on a conifer..

The important date is the date the LA acknowledged receipt of your notification for works.

Then they have 6 weeks to either do nothing, TPO it or tell you they aren't going to TPO it (rare).

So double check correspondence from them acknowledging receipt of your notification, and then assuming 6 weeks have passed from that date and you've not heard then you can carry on.

It's not bad thing to check online or drop an email/call to confirm particularly if the tree may actually merit a TPO, to be sure you've not missed any updates etc.

The important date is the date of notification. The 6 weeks start at that point.  There is no requirement for 'validation' or acknowledgement of receipt. Get the notice right, wait 6 weeks then proceed to do the works. There is no need to know if the Council is doing anything about it. Some are too busy even to acknowledge. 

• Like 3