England Woodland Creation Offer - Leicstershire

Hi,

I'm the forestry commission woodland officer for Leicstershire and just wanted to put a post out to highlight the England Woodland Creation Offer (EWCO).

If your based in Leicstershire and you (or any of your clients) are interested in woodland creation on your land please get in touch. Be more than happy to have a chat about what's on offer or take you to a look at a successful application. 

You can get up to £10,200 per ha plus additional contributions for nature recovery, flood risk, recreational access etc as well as 10 years of maintenance payments. Really is a decent scheme. 

Always happy to come and have a pre application site visit prior to getting into the paper work if it's of interest. 

Feel free to message me on here or email me at:

[email protected]

• Like 1

Hello, I'm in North Yorkshire,  hoping to get funding for possible 4acres of planting.  This region is covered by York office i think. Also in WhiteRoseForest org/Northern Forest(?) area. 

I am contacting FC and WhiteRoseForest.  Could you advise what would be the advantages of using either organisation..

I know the WhiteRoseForest will offer funding for smaller areas than EWCO...

Would the WhiteRoseForest be acting in advisory capacity and directing towards fc and ewco?

WhiteRoseForest said applications would now be for 2024/25 season. Do you think ewco would now also be for that season?

I realise you maybe cannot comment too much on another region...

Thanks.  Richard 

Hi, 

Whilst I haven't personally dealt with the White Rose Forest delivery partners such as these usually help in two ways

- direct funding seperate from our grants (this can include funding for things we can't fund as well e.g. parkland planting)

- acting as an agent on behalf of the landowner to claim for FC grants (this can make the entire process a lot easier than trying to apply on your own)

They can also complete Enviromental impact assessment applications for afforestation which can be required depending on this size of the scheme. 

I dont want to speak for your local woodland officer but my area aims to turn around applications in 2 months (although this can vary depending on constraints, demand and the quality of the application). 

Each district or woodland officer may have a different view on this. The FC and local delivery partners often work pretty closely and your local officers will point you in the right direction wether that is through EWCO or a delivery partner. We are all working towards the same goal of trees in the ground so in my view I'm not bothered if that's through the FC or anyone else. Again I don't really want to speak for anyone outside my patch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dk3001 said:

Hi, 

Whilst I haven't personally dealt with the White Rose Forest delivery partners such as these usually help in two ways

- direct funding seperate from our grants (this can include funding for things we can't fund as well e.g. parkland planting)

- acting as an agent on behalf of the landowner to claim for FC grants (this can make the entire process a lot easier than trying to apply on your own)

They can also complete Enviromental impact assessment applications for afforestation which can be required depending on this size of the scheme. 

I dont want to speak for your local woodland officer but my area aims to turn around applications in 2 months (although this can vary depending on constraints, demand and the quality of the application). 

Each district or woodland officer may have a different view on this. The FC and local delivery partners often work pretty closely and your local officers will point you in the right direction wether that is through EWCO or a delivery partner. We are all working towards the same goal of trees in the ground so in my view I'm not bothered if that's through the FC or anyone else. Again I don't really want to speak for anyone outside my patch!

Thanks for the info. I think the land has a constraint due to an area of deep peat I just found last night on the FC map. This will probably limit me to one ha available. 

The land purchase has not yet completed but I'm hoping next couple of weeks. 

I think the FC are going to be a quicker route.

Thanks 👍