Tpo'd tree removal application in South Cumbria question

polish pete

My client asked me to remove diseased Ash tree that has a TPO. 

Westmorland and Furness council directed me to Planning Portal to put my application in. I'm struggling to find the right page to apply. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

There is also an option to apply on W and F council page but they require maps to be included.  Where can I find maps that will be recognised by the council?

Thanks for any input

Peter

You can buy maps, these are geared towards building planning works but I have used them to make a very professional looking plan.  For tree applications the only requirement is that you are clear which is the right tree, so map drawn with a pencil and scanned is actually fine. Some people use a screenshot from Google maps but strictly that isn't allowed under their copyright.

I think it's inside the planning portal that there's a link to the guide for making an application.

Tree officer has sent me a map with tpo'd tree to make sure we were talking about the same one (the only one in the area).

I described the situation: severe Ash dieback, concerned neighbour with large limbs over their property. 

I think I just need to get the paperwork in to get TO out to look at it. And Planning portal isn't very easy to navigate. 

Re replanting- I suspect this will be a part of removal agreement. 

Thanks for all the info!

• Like 2

You may be all right without the report then, you can upload photos to the portal which would support the dieback diagnosis.

Id say the planning portal gets easier each time, but I've actually got one held up at the moment where apparently I put in conservation area notice instead of TPO app, I know it has a TPO so must have just clicked wrong button somewhere.

• Like 1