Need a tipper!

karlton

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right then i have had a quite afternoon today so been sorting some bits out, i came up with this,

build centre poplar phenolic film faced plywood -product number N36201

did not get to ring my local build centre as they had shut, but i rang a firm (not build centre) down in Devon and they sell it for around £40 a sheet, you can get diffrent colours each supplier can be diffrent though :001_huh: they come in 12mm or 17.5mm thickness and each sheet is 2.4m long by 1.2 wide.

as for for fixing it i will build a steal frame (now need to source the box section from somewhere will up date when i find somewhere :thumbup:) and get to strong gate hinges and hinge it from the top,so if i want to load logs in from the side it will open up and act as a roof to stand under like a burger van and have some form of metal support to hold it in place while its open, when it is down i will fix it with some fixing like you have on your tail board holding it up. i can then get my sides sign written :thumbup: what you all think :thumbup1:

Cheers for getting the prices mate ive had a busy day and didnt get a chance. I think i will go for the film faced ply as well seems pretty reasonable price wise.

still un decided on how im going to set it all up yet? i will have to get my thinking cap on. Jump it might be onto something with his idea if i could make it work, as im prob only going to need the high sides for 50% of the time i use the truck.

hmmmm desicions desicions.