Tip sites

lee day

10 minutes ago, Clutchy said:

@Steve Bullman my only feedback, and as soon as its on I'll happily pay is to be able to filter by 'requires prior arrangement' - no 

Also if there was a list function from x postcode, rather than a map as tricky to use on your phone when on site. Easy on a laptop 

List feature is easy enough, I’ll consider that for the next update.

regarding the prior arrangement, I would never recommend not contacting the tip site. Despite my efforts you do still get people registering a site with no real idea of what they are registering for, ie they think they are getting a bag of wood chips craned over a wall into a back garden. A quick phone call to clarify what you are dropping off and access arrangements will avoid any issues.

of course I could have included only registered waste sites but then there would only have been a few hundred, not 11,000 to choose from 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

List feature is easy enough, I’ll consider that for the next update.

regarding the prior arrangement, I would never recommend not contacting the tip site. Despite my efforts you do still get people registering a site with no real idea of what they are registering for, ie they think they are getting a bag of wood chips craned over a wall into a back garden. A quick phone call to clarify what you are dropping off and access arrangements will avoid any issues.

of course I could have included only registered waste sites but then there would only have been a few hundred, not 11,000 to choose from 

Hi Steve,

Thank you, understood. 

Ok maybe what I mean is to filter by sites where you need to pay - basically one thats a commerical site 

Often its too arduous on the day ringing round the general public as they tend not to be straight forward. 

When im in a bind, I want to be able to find a commercial site, whether they charge or not, that you can set off and head to. 

I appreciate they probably only make up 1% of the database but I'd rather travel further to guarantee I can tip 

I dont think im explaining myself very well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clutchy said:

Hi Steve,

Thank you, understood. 

Ok maybe what I mean is to filter by sites where you need to pay - basically one thats a commerical site 

Often its too arduous on the day ringing round the general public as they tend not to be straight forward. 

When im in a bind, I want to be able to find a commercial site, whether they charge or not, that you can set off and head to. 

I appreciate they probably only make up 1% of the database but I'd rather travel further to guarantee I can tip 

I dont think im explaining myself very well 

I get ya. Will pencil it in for the next big update.

• Like 1