Disease turns park into petrified forest

Bart

Hmmm, don't get me started on "Cheshire East Council"...

A pile of bumbling idiots that don't listen and constantly change their minds and the rules IMHO and IME :(

"A little more effort" would have probably cost them more money so they wouldn't have even considered it, even if they later found out after asking that it would have been free :(

I personally don't see what the problem is there? It is better to leave something than completely take it down. If the trees have armilaria in a busy public place such as that, it is nice to see that they have had the balls to leave monoliths, i know alot of people who wouldn't.

I appreciate the contractors could have done a bit more to the monoliths but if the council are strapped for cash then they have to do the best they can with their budget.

Didn’t post to criticize the job as im sure it was done to spec although not aesthetically pleasing, and id agree with drrfs that its nice to see they left some standing wood when they could have just left a stump which strangely it would seem the public would prefer:001_huh:. It was more the inaccurate headline "petrified forest" :confused1: as Tony pointed out, and the lack of communication/information between Cheshire East Council and the users of the park.

I think its because my mind has been contaminated with coronets and people recreating natural looking fractures, in this location i feel would have fitted in quite well but as its been said its all down to ££££££ which is a shame.

Nothing to do with this thred but this is my first attempt at fracture pruning on a hazard beam over an new path

DSCI0010rs.jpg.8711433893e1efd93e77c3456427bb88.jpg

What's with this persistant confusion between wood and stone? Petrification is the conversion of organic material into stone and monoliths are gurt blocks of rock not tree.

I thought there was some new cool alien disease causing premature and rapid fossilisation in Macclesfield... :D

Ever the voice of sanity, eah Tony!:biggrin:

Hes right though, and since when did Joe public know what was best?

People are quick to judge till they are asked to contribute to the budgets, suggest a contribution and they will all shut up and move on swiftly!