Electric brush cutter, any good?

rodp

forgot to ask, do you have a budget for this as well?

Cheap corded look to be similar prices to hiring a petrol one for the weekend (sorry to go on about hiring stuff, got to clear the shed this year sometime too, too many toys)

(Back to my last comments, the mower only complains at rubble)

12 hours ago, Steven P said:

forgot to ask, do you have a budget for this as well?

Cheap corded look to be similar prices to hiring a petrol one for the weekend (sorry to go on about hiring stuff, got to clear the shed this year sometime too, too many toys)

(Back to my last comments, the mower only complains at rubble)

Hiring stuff like a small strimmer/bush cutter is a total waste of money.

25 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Hiring stuff like a small strimmer/bush cutter is a total waste of money.

Cost wise it is similar to hire or get a cheap corded tool, the hire one will be more versatile than what you could get at -our favourite DIY warehouse- and the job will be quicker. For a one off job you will then have a nearly new tool sat in the shed cluttering up space for the next 10 years till you throw it out.

Maybe it is my mind and having bought the -warehouse DIY store- cheapest own brand before I would be going for better quality to make my life easier and better quality will generally be at least double the price of a hire.

I would agree though that if you are likely to use it more than once over a couple of weekends then buying something wins every time (remember this here is for domestic use, not commercial).

So my comment all comes back to what I mentioned in my first comment, is this a one of job, in which case £150 tool or £50 hire, the hire is better, or will it be something you'll use again and again in which case 5 or 6 x £50 hires is a lot more expensive than buying the tool. I suspect that the OP is looking to buy regardless, but it is worth asking the question.