CTE mewp reliability/repairs/maintenance

richy_B

Has anyone got any experience of the larger CTE mewps (truck mounted generally). I was looking at a Z26 but hoping to get some owner feedback.

Spoken to a few MEWP/LOLER engineers and I've had everything from brilliant to sh*t, run a mile. Like anything I suppose you'll get good and bad ones. 

More than anything it's availability of parts and people willing to repair. There is CTE UK in Leicester I believe but I'm London based so not necessarily going to be able to just pop out to assist. 

Edited by richy_B

6 hours ago, s o c said:

My mewp is a pretty old Oil &Steel 1812.

company I bought it off seem to be running more CTE lately , any the fitters I’ve been talking to say there are less problems with CTE

CTE seems to be very common which has got to be a good thing. 

I have found anything to do with MEWPs pretty pricey. 

• 1 month later...

My Cte CS170 is a 2008 with over 7000 hours on it 1600 of them put on by me . A few small problems  , but their technical guy in the UK office is amazing , diagnosed an electrical fault over the phone that left me stuck in the middle of the road (road closure). I know its small quirks and can always work around them , would go for a new 230 when I can

torre 3.jpg

• Like 2

Never been a fan of mewps in general, but the company I used to sub to had cte mewps and I generally found them to be good versatile machines and felt stable aloft compared to some. They replaced theirs with another so I assume they were more than happy with reliability and customer support 

• Like 2