Someone has been at it again

Echo

47 minutes ago, peatff said:

It's an Efco made in Italy, how is it a non brand ? They make saws under several different brand names and have been running for years.

I bought it online, thinking it was made in Italy, its made in china and assembled in Italy,

I would class it as a china saw, not like the Efco of old, or any of its off spring.

I would not call it a bad saw, its as good as any stihl made in china, not as good

as the Makita I replaced with it, which was also made in china.

I edited my initial post to reflect what you said, it is indeed not a non brand saw,

but a saw not many have ported, at least none that I have seen,  fair play to the man who took it on.

I am happy with it for its intended purpose.

Edited by Echo

Sounds good! Not a bad make, efco. For domestic users anyhow. 

First saw I ever bought with my own money was a secondhand efco. Was about 14! Hadn't a clue how to even sharpen a chain properly, looking back it could have burnt down as many trees as it cut down! ( I lie, my uncle took pity on me and showed me early on)

kept it for about 4 years until it was stolen along with a few others I'd gathered by then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Glad it worked out, seems pretty lively, poor little tree:thumbup:

Wes did a good job on it, it was the first one he did, so he had to figure it all out himself.

That is the stock chain too, they always bind up in a transverse cut until they get the first sharpening,

after that they are completely transformed.

Edited by Echo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Sounds good! Not a bad make, efco. For domestic users anyhow. 

First saw I ever bought with my own money was a secondhand efco. Was about 14! Hadn't a clue how to even sharpen a chain properly, looking back it could have burnt down as many trees as it cut down! ( I lie, my uncle took pity on me and showed me early on)

kept it for about 4 years until it was stolen along with a few others I'd gathered by then.

Lots of people around here have them for farm work, and they seem to keep on going, they were quite

a bit cheaper than the big two, but they are not so now, I seen them advertised for crazy money new

in Italy, 620 euro in one place, 520 here, no way are they worth that, too close to Stihl territory for a 50cc saw.

I just want it to wind people up, wondering how it runs so strong, am sure a few heads will turn.

2 minutes ago, Echo said:

Lots of people around here have them for farm work, and they seem to keep on going, they were quite

a bit cheaper than the big two, but they are not so now, I seen them advertised for crazy money new

in Italy, 620 euro in one place, 520 here, no way are they worth that, too close to Stihl territory for a 50cc saw.

I just want it to wind people up, wondering how it runs so strong, am sure a few heads will turn.

I think I gave a hundred quid or thereabouts for mine! Always willing to try other brands but stihl are my main go to saws now. Never got anything ported, yet! 

Did have a go at cleaning out an old 390 but it was a bit shagged and I wasn't sure what I was doing so now it's just louder than before. Best left to those who know what they're at!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Echo said:

I bought it online, thinking it was made in Italy, its made in china and assembled in Italy,

I would class it as a china saw, not like the Efco of old, or any of its off spring.

Ah right, mine is a Dynamac variation from Machine Mart over 20 years old and still going strong

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peatff said:

Ah right, mine is a Dynamac variation from Machine Mart over 20 years old and still going strong

Yes, they went to the dark side too, off to china to join the rest, One dealer here told me their small saws

were being made there, he gave up selling them and took on Echo products, of course this I found out

after I bought my china doll.