CDM Regs

RPA

I did a CDM course a few years ago (not arb related but that would'nt make any diff) and from what I can remember CDM would not come into play on domestic arb or indeed any arb unless it was part of a construction/demolition process or was a long contract.

Someone I know has just done full CDM training and recons that nearly all arb work will come under the regs.

My first impressons are bullux to that (he offered to do my CDM paperwork for me :sneaky2:). Anyone shed any more light on it?

Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2007.

Long story short, it's geared for big construction sites, where multiple contractors all work in conjunction with each other.

It's supposed to set a "heirarchy" structure and cover the gap in the differences between different companies H&S policies.

ISH!!

Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2007.

Long story short, it's geared for big construction sites, where multiple contractors all work in conjunction with each other.

It's supposed to set a "heirarchy" structure and cover the gap in the differences between different companies H&S policies.

ISH!!

Just about sums up what I can remember.

The other thing is that its a nightmare and I hope to hell it does not end up common place in arb.

The other thing is that its a nightmare and I hope to hell it does not end up common place in arb.

It's not THAT bad.... tbh, most of it is just common sense really. It's just about getting everyone to all sing to the same hymn sheet.

It already aplies to Arb, as it's pretty generic stuff rather than just "construction" industry specific.

People like fountains, Tilhill etc all have to work to it on the utility/rail contracts....... With all the subby companies that peeps like this use, you have to make sure that they're all covered by standardised procedures/policies.

cdm does not apply until 500 hours or 30 days reached on site

Its more complicated than that but basically you are right going by what I was told 6 years ago, but he says the regs have changed/been revise (no supprise there!).

Personally the nature of CDM has little to do with our work and I cant imagine it ever will, just looking for up to date informed clarification

cdm does not apply until 500 hours or 30 days reached on site

I think the 500 hours is 500 man hours? So 10 men on site for a week can hit this. Its not just the arb crew that count, its all workers so you can have 5 arb workers doing clearance and 5 ground workers following on and you're over the limit. I think whoever is running the site is responsible for notifying HSE and operating under CDM rules. Its unlikely an arb company would be taking on any of the management roles so no worries there, but there will be a bit more upfront paperwork and probably tighter site safety rules and PPE.