More money for your waste product?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Try denstone hall farm shop! they seem to love buying locally sourced stuff, would be just up their street! :thumbup:

dont think that would go down to well, after mrs Logbaron, told them where to stuff their log supplies when they questioned paying £2 bag for hardwood nets and ringing up chasing on the sunday after ordering on the saturday when i was up scotland with mrs l. filling 50 nets and delivering at 9. sunday with two kids in tow! - she somehow didnt see the funny side at being criticised for filling, delivering and unloading infront of mr denstone hall farm shop standing their and giving her a dressing down on prices of how much we should charge him working it out that each net had 15 logs in and how could we possibly charge him over 10p per log!!!! xxxxxxx i think she called him:blushing:

Just ordered their "DIY kit"... I've a load of conny in the garden that I can try it out on "as they say"...

I cut grooves in the stump to help it rot so will make some wedges to fill them and bung some plugs in the gaps...

Will get rid of the mess the roots have made to :D

Just ordered their "DIY kit"... I've a load of conny in the garden that I can try it out on "as they say"...

I cut grooves in the stump to help it rot so will make some wedges to fill them and bung some plugs in the gaps...

Will get rid of the mess the roots have made to :D

you might find it yields poor results, what fungi are you inoculating with? and how old are the logs and cuts?

those logs will already be colonised

The tree was only cut down in the last couple of days or so...

This was the kit:

DIY Kit

Says it will work on conifers :confused:

Cool, old logs tend to get colonised and create issues for your prefered choice.

Not sure about the cuts though would think better to make them fresh?

Are you burrying or loose stacking? did they give you an idea of prefered method?

just interested

No ideas on method, yet...

Will have a good read of whats sent, I plan to partially bury the logs around the edge of the garden, in clusters to give the little fungi plenty to go at ;)

I love to see things like this :)

My little boys nearly two, so by the time it's fruiting properly he'll be able to start understanding it, and tasting hopefully :D