take a look at this winch

daveindales

I don't know if anyone over here stocks them.... and I've not seen one used in anger unfortunately.

I know that Bailey's are fairly good at sending stuff over here, but the postage is outrageous (usually) and I can't see that being light or cheap to send. And it wouldn't be CE marked I imagine.

Your other bet would be to go for a German based company like Grube, they sell a series of chainsaw winches called Hit-Trac if memory serves.

links coming

Baileys- Chainsaws, Outdoor Power Equipment and Tree Care Supplies from Bailey's

Grube- Grube KG - Der Onlineshop für Wald, Landschaft, Natur und Umwelt.

Grube's mobile winches- Winden & Seilzüge & Zubehör

Forest winches on german ebay- eBay: forstseilwinde, Business Industrie, seilwinde, forstwinde

Quite a sweet one, looks like a Honda 4 stroke brushcutter head meets a capstan winch- Eder Spillwinde ESW500 Seilwinde Winde Forstwinde bei eBay.de: Forsttechnik (endet 23.02.10 07:46:19 MEZ)

Another nice one, just over a tonne pull and 20m a minute cable speed- http://cgi.ebay.de/Forstseilwinde-1280kg-mobiler-Einsatz-ueberall-CE-VF150_W0QQitemZ220539973757QQcmdZViewItemQQptZZurr_Hebetechnik?hash=item335934f07d

Sadly, it looks like Grube are having problems with sales outside of Germany, maybe they have been scammed. The Hit-Trac's are very expensive!

Best to get in touch directly....

Edited by wills-mill
adding another 'un

There is a company in ipswich acting as a dealer. If they arn't CE marked, does that mean it will be illegal to sell them over here?

Following on from a query about CE marking on another thread I had a look at this and it appears that arb lowering and winching kit doesnt need to be CE marked so long as its not used for lowering/winching people. PPE and climbing kit does need to be CE marked.

See CE-Marking: Does my product need CE Marking?

There is a company in ipswich acting as a dealer. If they arn't CE marked, does that mean it will be illegal to sell them over here?

Apologies- what I mean is that anything shipped over from the States privately is unlikely to be CE marked. I'm sure this firm in Ipswich will be selling CE marked ones.

(cough) better check (cough)

To be honest it is a fairly daft system, but if something did go wrong it's an issue that could bite you on the bum in a worst case scenario.