No More Heavy Dolmar Bars!

liamjordan

Hahaa my granddad has finally started using his christmas pressy!

I got him a BRAND NEW (thats a shock in my family) Oregon Bar / Chain and some beefy felling dogs for his 440, so no more re-drilling oiler holes and making old dolmar bars fit now :thumbup:

He still hasnt put the dogs on yet :thumbdown:

But its amazing how much lighter that new bar is!!!

DSC00289.jpg.38eb6f0266124f739cc616f92c3740b7.jpg

DSC00178.jpg.4f6f1120dc2f3dc05701b15469d426d2.jpg

DSC00175.jpg.d437373ab0a45502c96e95456e3da1b2.jpg

how does the bar perform was thinking of getting one for my Husqvarna 235 currently has 15'' but could do with a smaller bar as it lacks power to pull 15'' quickly and is only used for small coppice and snedding.

Is that a power major in the background. I Love fordson tractors we have got 3 and all still work for a living and their older that me. Good old British engineering :thumbup:

how does the bar perform was thinking of getting one for my Husqvarna 235 currently has 15'' but could do with a smaller bar as it lacks power to pull 15'' quickly and is only used for small coppice and snedding.

Is that a power major in the background. I Love fordson tractors we have got 3 and all still work for a living and their older that me. Good old British engineering :thumbup:

i'm guessing its a super major,power majors lived a shorter life with their head gasket trouble,not that many left

Nice one! That last pic reminds me of when Id just turned the bar, and some fool walks past laughing that "He's put the blade on the wrong way round":001_rolleyes: I couldnt be bothered with explaining.

hahahaa a dog walker said that to us before lol

yeahhh it seems to be going well, paints coming of it quickly compared to stihl bars lol

we love fordsons toooo, got two still working (: dunno what sort that is, there isnt much left of it, just for spares haha

nice bar

even nicer stihl:thumbup:

did you get it off ebay,theres a guy near leominster doing some good deals on bar & chains

nahh had that saw from new, bar from clark engineering, im from the other side of lemner whos the guy doing that?

i would love a sharpening lesson off your grandad,i bet you can hardly hold onto his saws, my old man takes the dogs off his saws, he says if its sharp you dont them. i think you do but dont tell him, lol

hahaa im still amazed at how fast he sharpens a 48" bar! im gunna video him soon :D

haha yeah granddad says the same, he doesnt take them off, just doesnt replace them when the break :001_tongue:

i would love a sharpening lesson off your grandad,i bet you can hardly hold onto his saws, my old man takes the dogs off his saws, he says if its sharp you dont them. i think you do but dont tell him, lol
my old man (me too!) said(says) small wood no dogs,big wood big dogs!!!! :001_smile: