Freelance Climbers Kit

onelab

Co's that can't do it in house & are willing to learn are worth working for imo

Sure thats great, but they are earnign while they are learning! If you have the skills (and gear) do you want others to profit from that and learn the skills that you have paid for (in time and money)???? Send them on a cours if they wan to learn stuff and get them to get the the cheque book out if they want the gear on their jobs!!!!

Charge the fricken earth from them in the mean time!!

I prefer people to earn knollage that is free from me & free from them, than charge the ass out of them in £. I am have a tribe of us to feed that I am aware of all the time & that what I earn day to day is what we get by on. My love for trees is enough for me to sacrifice some comforts that could otherwise be afforded from a £ driven heart. My family understand & love the power of nature & all that is provided if people take the time to see! The wealth of knowlage is something to be shared!:001_smile:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whne we are busy its full crew and chipper and taking debris away at 450-750 a day, but we are not busy so I cna do day works at 250 aslong as I can turn uo in my car an dtake nothign back with me. I have the overheads of a small company so wouldn't work for less, but I can get enough work done in a day for them to on good earner, I hope.

£250 a day for one man with standard climbing kit an PPE?

If so good man:thumbup1:

Whne we are busy its full crew and chipper and taking debris away at 450-750 a day, but we are not busy so I cna do day works at 250 aslong as I can turn uo in my car an dtake nothign back with me. I have the overheads of a small company so wouldn't work for less, but I can get enough work done in a day for them to on good earner, I hope.

Run costs of co are a thorn that is for sure! best of luck n health to you n yours:001_smile:

Thanks for the replies. Its good to get other people in the trades view and opinions.

I just picked up some freelance work today which will help fill in some gaps in the jan/feb slow time. 250 a day, and he's got a bargain! Thats without rigging gear!

I look forward to when my climbing can pull that kind of money. Just some more time, blood, sweat & tears. One day :thumbup1:

I do contract work where lowering kit is required constantly, if I then get a call from council for emergency job where rigging is needed, I get a subby climber in with a lowering kit to cover one of the jobs. Also some climbers prefer using there own rigging kit. I suppose I could buy another lowering kit, but I dont think this is necessary and I think the subby would prefer the extra sweet cash for providing.

A fair and valid point. :thumbup1:

Almost nobody I sub for has a clue...I provide all kit, so I know the quality of the gear and have all the bits and bobs...if rigging then I include my part time groundie who knows how to run the ropes...

Trucks, cranes, buckets extra if you don't provide your own...

I prefer people to earn knollage that is free from me & free from them, than charge the ass out of them in £. I am have a tribe of us to feed that I am aware of all the time & that what I earn day to day is what we get by on. My love for trees is enough for me to sacrifice some comforts that could otherwise be afforded from a £ driven heart. My family understand & love the power of nature & all that is provided if people take the time to see! The wealth of knowlage is something to be shared!:001_smile:

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

in my experience of sub work, you get what you pay for. ie more kit, more money.

for one bloke, climbing kit, and top handle, you get about £85-£120 a day.

but if your providing saws, rigging kit and chipper, then upto about £150 -£250 a day. competition is so tight round here ya just cant the money.

but lets face it, if you need a subby to provide all the kit, then they arent really a subby are they, the're the boss.