Ash / Sycamore or similar showing pip / burr

MaverickGR

I have a client wanting me to turn some cylinders in an interesting timber for them to use as sidetables etc in a house.

Does anyone have any ash/sycamore or something like that which is likely to show some interesting grain?

I need to turn 500mm diameter by 300mm tall and 400mm diameter by 460mm tall. If you have more then I would potentially buy for stock etc.

I have attached a couple reference images

Ash cylinders, 43cm diameter by 55cm tall - Low.jpg

Ash low.jpg

Hi those cylinders will most likely crack but maybe an iorn band top and bottom would help keep the shape so you don't end up with a wonky table, I did similar with a big ball in a cage that cracked, I have an off cut of Walnut that may work its been down a good few yrs but I would say its still green I am not at my yard till Friday now but if you want a picture just let me know I also have some western red off cuts but how interesting is that where are you as you are welcome to come and have a look in the yard

4 hours ago, MaverickGR said:

I have a client wanting me to turn some cylinders in an interesting timber for them to use as sidetables etc in a house.

Does anyone have any ash/sycamore or something like that which is likely to show some interesting grain?

I need to turn 500mm diameter by 300mm tall and 400mm diameter by 460mm tall. If you have more then I would potentially buy for stock etc.

I have attached a couple reference images

Ash cylinders, 43cm diameter by 55cm tall - Low.jpg

Ash low.jpg

Where you located ?