New flywheel stihl 201 tc

Tomthetree

12 minutes ago, spudulike said:

The flywheel in the above pic is the 1201 and is for the NON MTRONIC saw. Your saw needs the 1202 flywheel with TWO magnets and that should be on the underside of the original flywheel.

That’s weird. That’s the original flywheel with 1201 and has 2 magnets on it but the one I ordered is 1202 and o it has 1 magnet 

Sorry, it appears the Mtronic one with two magnets is the 1201 part number and the 1202 version is the single magnet with the ignition advance and at a guess reckon the original MS201t on release had a 1200 part code!

I was thinking the later number would be the latest saw...doh.

Anyway, you need part code ending 1201 for the Mtronic saw....sorry for the confusion. 

Both are different and will not fit the other type of machine. You need two magnets for your saw.

Edited by spudulike

Yea thanks for the support Iv ordered 1201

i am replacing due to this damage that I believe is causing my saw to have poor power and not so great acceleration 

I think I caused the damage myself when I removed the flywheel for maintenance previously to this round of flywheel changes 

am I on The right track?

thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just now, Tomthetree said:

Yea thanks for the support Iv ordered 1201

i am replacing due to this damage that I believe is causing my saw to have poor power and not so great acceleration 

I think I caused the damage myself when I removed the flywheel for maintenance previously to this round of flywheel changes 

am I on The right track?

thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry but highly unlikely. I have seen coils hitting flywheels de magnetize the composite (plastic and metal) flywheels stopping the saw working but yours looks better than most and is unlikely to have caused any damage.

I would have looked at the wiring loom for the Mtronic, the solonoid, the spark plug and carb in general - pump diaphragm and gauze strainer! Much more likely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Sorry but highly unlikely. I have seen coils hitting flywheels de magnetize the composite (plastic and metal) flywheels stopping the saw working but yours looks better than most and is unlikely to have caused any damage.

I would have looked at the wiring loom for the Mtronic, the solonoid, the spark plug and carb in general - pump diaphragm and gauze strainer! Much more likely.

I agree, new filter, new solenoid, mtronic reset will probably fix the issue. That yellow coating is only there to stop the magnets getting rusty in storage 

3 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Yea thanks mate. I don’t have any real idea what I’m doing I’m going off the service manual and troubleshooting from there. 

I did think it was a fuel issue. I replaced the pick up body and that made a difference but next would be to clean the gauze strainer and the pump diaphragm but thinking that may be trickier than I can manage being inexperienced 

Have been using company fuel until recently which is always dirty so once this is sorted I’m hoping it will be fine as I’m using my own fuel now

2 minutes ago, Tomthetree said:

Yea thanks mate. I don’t have any real idea what I’m doing I’m going off the service manual and troubleshooting from there. 

I did think it was a fuel issue. I replaced the pick up body and that made a difference but next would be to clean the gauze strainer and the pump diaphragm but thinking that may be trickier than I can manage being inexperienced 

Have been using company fuel until recently which is always dirty so once this is sorted I’m hoping it will be fine as I’m using my own fuel now

considering the dirty fuel it really does sound like a solenoid issue. What colour is the fuel filter in the tank?