A few of my pictures

TArrryan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I only know how to press the button to take a picture :thumbup:

but ill remember what you have said, you are a very exprienced person when it comes to this, I have seen your other pictures and i like them very much.

I'm using a Lumix DMC-TZ3, nothing fancy :001_smile:

Ah ham not a silky, I wasnt using one back in those days, I had a 3rd degree burn on the pad of my thumb, went to pick up a frying pan and put my thumb on the metal piece in front of the handle, not the pan itself --={ wasn't paying 100% attention and it was a good few seconds before i noticed, only felt pain for about 10-15 seconds then nothing, jumped in landy and went up the road, kinda foolish of me to think the doctors would be open at 10pm, just stuck a bandage on it and dressing while i was working.

I battered the same thumb about a month ago, crushed it between two logs, split the thumb joint open so i could see my own tendon moving in the hole. no pain again :S drove to doctors surgery again and got refered to hospital in case i had damaged the tendon, all was good and i had three stiches out in and removed 5 days later, nurse was surprised i healed so fast. just a little stiff in the cold now

the blower was the weapon of choice when we had fires, got it going in no time:thumbup:

Edited by TArrryan

Macros (close ups) are a tricky subject, its always best to use a manual focus if you have this feature. with macro shots its a hard call deciding on what to have in sharpest focus and it isnt always the part of the image closest to you. with regards composition, try to imagin a pair of lines, 2 sets dividing the screen verticaly and horizontaly this divides the screen into nine squares or rectangles. as a general rule you should place the prime subject matter on one of the "cross hairs" created thats the rule of the "golden mean" the rule of thirds is say in a landscape, if the sky is the interesting feature fill two thirds of the image with it using these lines, but if the sky is dull, fill the bottom two thirds with the more interesting ground features

loving photography myself i thought you might find this usefull?