Unpopular poplar pollards!

geoff

First off, there's no such thing as a NICE big repollarded pop. They are a shitehouse tree, full stop.

1) Chat to TO, explain intention, and your plan to persuade client to fell and re-plant with something decent.

2) Convince (arsehole) client that the above is the way forward (at premium price).

3) Obtain permission.

4) Fell (mucho £)

5) Replant decent heavy standard stocks (mucho £)

6) Happy TO, happy client, happy new trees, happy bank manager, happy days!

God I should have been a politician......:biggrin:

:congrats:

I would not have said that the TO would not allow it (even if I know thats the case).

If you say you can't do the job, you become the bad guy.

I would get the TO to have a site meeting with me and the client, then when the TO says no he's the bad guy not you :001_smile: At this point possible felling and replacing can be discussed, then its not you trying to make more money, its you trying to get the client what they want. :001_smile:

Also most clients will not feel they can ignore the TPO after a meeting with the TO, as their usual defense is to plead ignorance.

If the TO won't have a meeting with you, send in an application (even though you know it has no chance, give the TO a ring and tell him why you are making a daft application) then when the refusal arrives its still the TO or the system that bad not you.

Edited by skyhuck

I had a case a few years back on a recently developed site. The whole site was a rough sort of woodland on the perimeter of the village. Posh new houses were built in this area. The client, who had moved up from the new Forest, loved the setting (to start with) The developer had only had enough trees removed to build the houses, no deadwooding, crown cleans, crown lifts etc. The mix of trees was Beech and Scots Pines. 1st visit (with consent from LPA) was to crown clean and lift the trees around the property. Then the client asked if I could remove one or two as she deemed them "dangerous", so I had the TO out on site to discuss with myself and the client the condition of the trees, result =no removals. TO rang me a few weeks later to tell me that she'd consulted with another company re: felling most trees in the garden (blanket tpo), the other company had convinced her that removals wouldnt be an issue (they were, tpo was in place as terms and conditons of Planning consent in the 1st place) Needless to say, the removal was blocked by the TO, and to my knowledge became quite a heated issue between my (ex) client and the LPA. Ironicaly, she'd bought that particular house in that particular setting as it reminded her of the New Forest!!!? Typical pita clent