The best of todays walk with buff

With regards to the earlier comment, it is uncertain wether these brackets are applanatum or australe, but I am inclined to go with australe, there is loads of flat footed fly in Whipp woods and these are just too clean.

D'ya have any shots of galls on ganos from this wood, where is the wood?

Nice shot of the Tremella, d'ya reckon mesenterica or aurantia?

Was there any evidence of the host fung that the Trem was parasitising on?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

D'ya have any shots of galls on ganos from this wood, where is the wood?

Nice shot of the Tremella, d'ya reckon mesenterica or aurantia?

Was there any evidence of the host fung that the Trem was parasitising on?

i got loads of gall shots in this wood, herts borough, see one in my gallery thats within 200yds of these brackets!

pretty certain T. messenterica, not familiar with T. aurantia? got a nice t.foliacea though!:blushing:

i dont think the Tremmellas are limited to just one host, got a T messenterica shot growing directly out of Stereum hirsutum the other week.

P1040662.jpg.0a0ff711d01eb73e393c8ece52a50c2e.jpg

i got loads of gall shots in this wood, herts borough, see one in my gallery thats within 200yds of these brackets!

pretty certain T. messenterica, not familiar with T. aurantia? got a nice t.foliacea though!:blushing:

i dont think the Tremmellas are limited to just one host, got a T messenterica shot growing directly out of Stereum hirsutum the other week.

]

T aurantia pretty much identical to mesenterica, though parasitic specifically on Sterium hirsutum , so maybe your mesenterica on the Sterium is aurantia.

referenced from Collins not from my own experience, though will look closer next time.

Forgot about your G gall shot, it's a good one.

I'll have to give Andy Overall a shout as he's obviously found some really good examples (WAB), but I'm not sure if there from Hampstead. Certainly haven't seen any examples myself at work, and I've been looking for a good while, possibly not a lot of flat footed fly about.

T aurantia pretty much identical to mesenterica, though parasitic specifically on Sterium hirsutum , so maybe your mesenterica on the Sterium is aurantia.

referenced from Collins not from my own experience, though will look closer next time.

Forgot about your G gall shot, it's a good one.

I'll have to give Andy Overall a shout as he's obviously found some really good examples (WAB), but I'm not sure if there from Hampstead. Certainly haven't seen any examples myself at work, and I've been looking for a good while, possibly not a lot of flat footed fly about.

soon take you to a prime flat foot ground! good info on the tremmalas thanks monkey, that makes id a bitch! damn fungi!

Nice dog, is it a staffie x? You should train him to hunt truffels!

yep spot on mate, staff x bull terrier as shrek asked.

and yes david oakman, tremella mesenterica is the "yellow brain", though as monkey pointed out there is a similar fungus, probably best to just group those two together for generality but i shall do some digging on specific Ident features, i.e if there are macroscopic as aposed to microscopic ident features.

There is also a crystal brain, which I think you have shot before?