Carpal tunnel

old snake

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had mine done the op is 100% should work every time. Doc said mine was worst he had seen. 1 week with out driving, back to light work after that, 4 weeks sorted. The op takes about 10 mins I watched the doc do the op. go for it else you will suffer for ever more.

Im only 26 mate but been using tools since i was about 12. Mostly strimmers,mowers and hedgecutters(old knackers though usually) been on the saws since i was about 17ish.

Since you were 17 . Its a fair bit of time . My mother had the operation . She worked in the local CO OP on the tills for many years . At the time she wasnt sure about the op . It turned out to be the best thing she ever did . And shes now 62 and wont retire and best of all shes still on the till with no problems .:thumbup:

I'm not sure what the symptoms are but occasionally when feeding the chipper when I gab the but end to pull the brash off the pile I get a shooting pain in my wrist, like your tendons have snapped. Is this the start of carpal tunnel.

Well with me its like a red hot pain from my thumb travelling down into my wrist. The other big symptom is pins and needles. When its really bad though i drop things involuntaraly. I also cant hold small objects like pens or needles for very long because it hurts and my hand starts shaking.

If you think you've got it then go see your gp. They do some simple tests to start with. After that its electricution time!! haha

Since you were 17 . Its a fair bit of time . My mother had the operation . She worked in the local CO OP on the tills for many years . At the time she wasnt sure about the op . It turned out to be the best thing she ever did . And shes now 62 and wont retire and best of all shes still on the till with no problems .:thumbup:

Well my uncle was a tree surgeon and my dads a hortaculturist so been round tools and that all my life:biggrin:

Glad to here that about your mum mate,thats the kind of thing i like to hear:thumbup1:

The doctor did say that women are alot more prone to it than men.

sorry to here that mate BUT forget the about the time off work, you need to get better and find the source of the problem, firstly i would say ditch the top handle and make sure all your saws anti vibrations are spot on. sounds sore. My wife just explained it to me there, i take it typing at a silly angle on here cant be too good either, its swelling in your wrists that make the nerves rub off your bones.

I had a bad experience once on a large H C Tree . When I was cutting off the last piece of a large limb removal . I suddenly found that I could not open my hand . Hence I was left holding the saw 36ft up at full revs . It has happened once since then ?. Hey I aint no Doc but this is not good . Anyway I do a bit and when I,ll feel like a rest I contract in Mistahbenn who subbies for me . Works well . :thumbup: . Hope all goes well for you :biggrin:

sorry to here that mate BUT forget the about the time off work, you need to get better and find the source of the problem, firstly i would say ditch the top handle and make sure all your saws anti vibrations are spot on. sounds sore. My wife just explained it to me there, i take it typing at a silly angle on here cant be too good either, its swelling in your wrists that make the nerves rub off your bones.

cheers mate. Some wise words there:thumbup1: Yeah typing can be a giggle at times!haha.

Apparently if you fall and bang your wrist that can also trigger it!

We're currently looking into updating our saws. So its all heated handles and what not now:001_smile:. I think using the top handle one handed is a big contributing factor too.