Help - Consultant experience!

Don't do yourself down chap - it is obvious you are pretty knowledgeable and very passionate and that counts for a lot more in an interview than a qualification.

doesnt mean squatt in the real world fella, if I cant write a decent report and make pretty plans on cad, i aint worth a wage, no matter what i know about trees and fungi!

doesnt mean squatt in the real world fella, if I cant write a decent report and make pretty plans on cad, i aint worth a wage, no matter what i know about trees and fungi!

that job description only mentions cad as a 'desirable' not a neccessity mate. It also states that they would be willing to make it a trainee position......just bloody talk them into submission!!:sneaky2:

that job description only mentions cad as a 'desirable' not a neccessity mate. It also states that they would be willing to make it a trainee position......just bloody talk them into submission!!:sneaky2:

at the end of the day, no ones going to pay a wage to a guy who is going to need 6 months input, time and money before hes up to speed! would you?

at the end of the day, no ones going to pay a wage to a guy who is going to need 6 months input, time and money before hes up to speed! would you?

if i was thinking long term, wanted somebody who was knowledgeable and passionate and I had made it known that i would entertain the idea of making it a trainee position then yes i would

That is rubbish.

But if you are looking for sympathy you are not going to get it here. Pull yourself together man!

Is this not how most traniees get into tree work to begin with?

If an employer can see potential for you to make them money, then yes they will provide the time, effort and money into training you.

No one is just going to call you up and give you a job, get yourself out there and make yourself known.

Get a CV together and send it to every company you can, with a covering letter selling yourself and what you are looking for. Give it a week or 2 then call them and ask if they have recieved it.

You need to make them think that they need you, not the other way round!

Good luck

I am in a similar place hamadryad. I have done the tech cert and some freelance survey work for a number of companies, but finding someone to take you on and allow you to develop step by step is pretty hard, particularly at the moment as most consultancies just don't seem to have that much work on due to low demand for development site surveys.

On the CAD front: i have been teaching myself recently on a friend's old 2000 version. I recently found some software that I am probably going to buy soon called TurboCad. It appears to do everything that AutoCad does but for much less money. The Professional version is still almost a grand, but the 'deluxe' version is only £79 and seems to do all we would need it for i.e. 2D drafting. Check it out: TurboCAD Software - Premium CAD software for Professional 2D and 3D Design

You can download a free 15 day trial to see how you get on with it.

£49.97 on amazon Amazon.co.uk: turbo cad 16 deluxe