PTO chipper Agrint Scorpio any info?

JoeW83

Looking to get a PTO chipper as have a reasonable amount of land to clear but not for heavy commercial use, the Woodland Mills WC68 looked good but I have also seen the Agrint Scorpio which looks like it may be similar but cannot find any info on it so wondered if anyone had used one?  I think they are part of Del Morino.

Thanks

Yeah it won't get heavy commercial use as it will only be used on my land so can't warrant paying out for a big brand one, there were some positive comments about the Woodland Mills one but I can't find anything at all about the Agrint but it looks a bit more heavy duty. 

I spoke to the chap at Woodland Mills today with a few questions about their chippers as we have been looking for a reasonably priced PTO job for a while.  I asked about HSE compliant safety labelling etc and the position of the control/emergency stop bar and its operation as emergency stop etc He was really nice and helpful but It seems it meets none of the criteria.  Would not take  lot to sort out really and I wonder how much custom they have lost by not doing so.  Looking now at the Rock machinery Venom RX177 as an option.  Has anyone got/used one? Be interested to know what you think.

Edited by horselogger
Spelling typos

Ooph! "Not take long to change?" Altering a manufactured machine and then getting it through CE Ccompliancy? I seem to recall that it took Orange Plant over a year to get it done on a Carlton wood chipper and major expense! 

He did say it was already CE compliant but I am however a little sceptical on that.  There is no obvious labelling to that effect and no mention of certificate of conformity anywhere as well as obvious issues with the safety systems etc.  You might be better placed to make that call than me.  For the sake of some pretty simple re-engineering to be able to open up your market significantly in Europe I think it would be worth it.  They can do much of the approval process themselves and dont necessarily have to use one of the agencies. PTO kit takes a hammering in forests and even at a couple of grand more it could be a useful 'expendable' contracting machine if they sorted it out.

Of course they could just use the good old CE(China Export) mark as opposed the European C E (This is safe) one!