Graphite dry carabiner lubricant

Tim

:scared: I was just reading a list of the ingredients in gt85...its not good....

Have a look at the GT85 website.

If its gained approval to be used in submarines - thats good enough for me.

Testing for submarine use is usually extremely exhaustive, so I'm happy with that.

I've been using for many years without problems!

Have a look at the GT85 website.

If its gained approval to be used in submarines - thats good enough for me.

Testing for submarine use is usually extremely exhaustive, so I'm happy with that.

I've been using for many years without problems!

And you bin cuttin' yoself, smearing petroleum based products with added ptfe in the wounda yeah??!!!

And you bin cuttin' yoself, smearing petroleum based products with added ptfe in the wounda yeah??!!!

This lubricant dries a few seconds after contact - so the residual base is minimal.

Some of the uses of this polymer are listed below :-)

Domestically, PTFE is used as a stain-repellent on clothes, furniture covers and carpets, where it is marketed under such trade-names as Scotchgard and Zepel. It is also used on the underside of electric irons and as dental floss.

PTFE is well-known as the plumbers' tape for sealing joints in central heating systems. It is also an excellent electrical insulator and is thus used in electrical wires and cables.

PTFE has the lowest coefficient of friction11 of any solid material, due to having very low intermolecular (van der Waals) forces. Hence it finds use as lubricant-free bearings in motors. Scrap PTFE from industry is re-used by grinding it to a micro-fine powder and adding it to printers' ink where it facilitates ink flow.

A modification of the basic PTFE polymer has produced fluorocarbon rubber, which is used to keep aircraft wings free of ice at high altitudes. In tetrafluoroethene, the basic monomer for PTFE, all the hydrogen atoms in ethene have been replaced by fluorine. In fluorocarbon rubbers, however, the starting monomer is a hydrofluoroethene, in which only some of the hydrogen atoms have been replaced.

A related product is ETFE, a co-polymer of TFE and ethene that can be processed by conventional thermoplastic techniques, and which is used as roofing in sports arenas. A recent installation of this is at the Eden Centre in Cornwall, UK.

If its good enough for the Eden Project - I'm happy

This lubricant dries a few seconds after contact - so the residual base is minimal.

Some of the uses of this polymer are listed below :-)

Domestically, PTFE is used as a stain-repellent on clothes, furniture covers and carpets, where it is marketed under such trade-names as Scotchgard and Zepel. It is also used on the underside of electric irons and as dental floss.

PTFE is well-known as the plumbers' tape for sealing joints in central heating systems. It is also an excellent electrical insulator and is thus used in electrical wires and cables.

PTFE has the lowest coefficient of friction11 of any solid material, due to having very low intermolecular (van der Waals) forces. Hence it finds use as lubricant-free bearings in motors. Scrap PTFE from industry is re-used by grinding it to a micro-fine powder and adding it to printers' ink where it facilitates ink flow.

A modification of the basic PTFE polymer has produced fluorocarbon rubber, which is used to keep aircraft wings free of ice at high altitudes. In tetrafluoroethene, the basic monomer for PTFE, all the hydrogen atoms in ethene have been replaced by fluorine. In fluorocarbon rubbers, however, the starting monomer is a hydrofluoroethene, in which only some of the hydrogen atoms have been replaced.

A related product is ETFE, a co-polymer of TFE and ethene that can be processed by conventional thermoplastic techniques, and which is used as roofing in sports arenas. A recent installation of this is at the Eden Centre in Cornwall, UK.

If its good enough for the Eden Project - I'm happy

Sounds great .....but I still wouldn't eat it :)